Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
I take all the usual precautions...
I make all my voice calls with my head in a microwave (I'll get around to building a bespoke Faraday cage one day)
I never forget to don my tinfoil hat when on conference video calls
Amazing! I take similar precautions, but now that I live in a more modern building I find the foil faced insulation used blocks most signals - a bonus.

B+. 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Quite a few
I take all the usual precautions...
I make all my voice calls with my head in a microwave (I'll get around to building a bespoke Faraday cage one day)
I never forget to don my tinfoil hat when on conference video calls
Interesting that the FBI are asking for "back-door" access to products like this (they say it is to go after peadophiles, etc).

Arfermo 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Enough
Lost me several posts ago. I've no idea what this is all about. My only social media is this Forum!
Ditto - although somebody seems to think I have a huge order with Amazon that I know nothing about. An obvious scammer with nothing to do! :hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull:

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
so the whole of the African populace has now got to switch from whatsapp just to satiate your paranoia?

Bob Williams 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Bob, why not speed up the job and set up a WhatsApp group instead? You'd all chat in real time, post photos and send info links. We have them for apiaries, Committee, Trainers, and at the honey co. we use them to send in apiary reports.
I don't have access to the members addresses, so I am not in a position to advertise a WhatsApp group or my mailing list. The committee has the final say, and I'm still waiting for them to consider the ML idea. :-(

Little_bees 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
I don't have access to the members addresses, so I am not in a position to advertise a WhatsApp group or my mailing list. The committee has the final say, and I'm still waiting for them to consider the ML idea. :-(
Your local BKA will most likely have a monthly newsletter. Ask whoever writes it if you can put in a paragraph saying you're hoping to set up a chat group and asking for like-minded beeks to get in touch.

You putting your own contact details in the newsletter won't breach any confidentiality for other members.

BugsInABox 

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
Your local BKA will most likely have a monthly newsletter. Ask whoever writes it if you can put in a paragraph saying you're hoping to set up a chat group and asking for like-minded beeks to get in touch.

You putting your own contact details in the newsletter won't breach any confidentiality for other members.
Also what’s app groups have join by link feature - people join groups by clicking on it. It is easier than setting up a group manually and also means someone else who holds a mailing list can send out the link rather than sharing the mailing list data with you.

Hachi 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Seem a lot of folk on here are only in the association and defacto the BBKA for the insurance cover it provides. Has anyone worked out if it covers you adequately? I'm sure some here will think as its cheap, its good?

Newbeeneil 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
40 plus 19 that I maintain for clients.
Seem a lot of folk on here are only in the association and defacto the BBKA for the insurance cover it provides. Has anyone worked out if it covers you adequately? I'm sure some here will think as its cheap, its good?
Good point, has anyone ever claimed on the PL cover to test its adequacy?

I still think Insurance cover at a similar rate when you register with BeeBase would be a better option for most beekeepers and would certainly get more to register.

madasafish 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
8x Langstroth, a few Lang nucs,1x TBH, and about 17 mating mini nucs
I have claimed on BDI .

hemo 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
6-10
On our 'what'sup' group a member also suggested using Signal blah, blah,blah because the NHS use it over 'what'sup' and it is more secure. It was decided nah can't be bothered as in the end we are only using it for general chit chat with no real personnel details to worry about.

I use the phone option to ring others as it is a free call if they have what'sup downloaded as well.

Latest posts