Beeks not in Associations

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take all the usual precautions...
I make all my voice calls with my head in a microwave (I'll get around to building a bespoke Faraday cage one day)
I never forget to don my tinfoil hat when on conference video calls
Amazing! I take similar precautions, but now that I live in a more modern building I find the foil faced insulation used blocks most signals - a bonus.

I take all the usual precautions...
I make all my voice calls with my head in a microwave (I'll get around to building a bespoke Faraday cage one day)
I never forget to don my tinfoil hat when on conference video calls

Interesting that the FBI are asking for "back-door" access to products like this (they say it is to go after peadophiles, etc).

Lost me several posts ago. I've no idea what this is all about. My only social media is this Forum!
Ditto - although somebody seems to think I have a huge order with Amazon that I know nothing about. An obvious scammer with nothing to do! :hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull:

Bob, why not speed up the job and set up a WhatsApp group instead? You'd all chat in real time, post photos and send info links. We have them for apiaries, Committee, Trainers, and at the honey co. we use them to send in apiary reports.
I don't have access to the members addresses, so I am not in a position to advertise a WhatsApp group or my mailing list. The committee has the final say, and I'm still waiting for them to consider the ML idea. :-(

I don't have access to the members addresses, so I am not in a position to advertise a WhatsApp group or my mailing list. The committee has the final say, and I'm still waiting for them to consider the ML idea. :-(
Your local BKA will most likely have a monthly newsletter. Ask whoever writes it if you can put in a paragraph saying you're hoping to set up a chat group and asking for like-minded beeks to get in touch.

You putting your own contact details in the newsletter won't breach any confidentiality for other members.

Your local BKA will most likely have a monthly newsletter. Ask whoever writes it if you can put in a paragraph saying you're hoping to set up a chat group and asking for like-minded beeks to get in touch.

You putting your own contact details in the newsletter won't breach any confidentiality for other members.
Also what’s app groups have join by link feature - people join groups by clicking on it. It is easier than setting up a group manually and also means someone else who holds a mailing list can send out the link rather than sharing the mailing list data with you.

Seem a lot of folk on here are only in the association and defacto the BBKA for the insurance cover it provides. Has anyone worked out if it covers you adequately? I'm sure some here will think as its cheap, its good?

Seem a lot of folk on here are only in the association and defacto the BBKA for the insurance cover it provides. Has anyone worked out if it covers you adequately? I'm sure some here will think as its cheap, its good?
Good point, has anyone ever claimed on the PL cover to test its adequacy?

I still think Insurance cover at a similar rate when you register with BeeBase would be a better option for most beekeepers and would certainly get more to register.

I have claimed on BDI .

On our 'what'sup' group a member also suggested using Signal blah, blah,blah because the NHS use it over 'what'sup' and it is more secure. It was decided nah can't be bothered as in the end we are only using it for general chit chat with no real personnel details to worry about.

I use the phone option to ring others as it is a free call if they have what'sup downloaded as well.

Back