Where to buy sugar from

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can get into a bakery wholesaler they are a good option, I've seen numerous people on here mention Bako but it seems very regional dependant.

I'm getting some from a local coffee shop that bakes their own goodies, I think it was like £11 for a 25kg bag. Local food factories which use sugar in production is a good possibility if you know anyone who works in them.

If you can get into a bakery wholesaler they are a good option, I've seen numerous people on here mention Bako but it seems very regional dependant.

I'm getting some from a local coffee shop that bakes their own goodies, I think it was like £11 for a 25kg bag. Local food factories which use sugar in production is a good possibility if you know anyone who works in them.

Cheers Angry Mob! I had a quick look on Google maps for Bako and held out no hope since there's never anything local that I need - and they're only a few miles from my house! Boom. Cheers again ;)

I used BFP, 500kg for £200. Minimum order is £150. Comes with free delivery, buts its usually a week wait 'when the trucks in your area' kind of thing...

N.B..careful of wholesalers trying to offload cheap fondant onto you. I thought the offer was too good to be true, price was peanuts for half a ton, it was past expiry date and couldn't be sold for human consumption, probably would have been fine for the bee's but after reading a post on here from a well known bee farmer I realised it was coloured fondant so stayed well clear.

Last edited:
FarmFoods 55p/kg but buy £50 worth and 10% off (£25 and £2). Unlike B&M our local Farmfoods has pallets of sugar not just a few bags.

Vouchers available on line at Farmfoods.

Bookers have an offer until 3/9/19
2 x 25kg for £22

Costco - 5kg bag was 2.49 each, or tray of 15 1kg bags for 6.89 (=46p per kg)

Latest posts

Back