Oxalic acid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul4848

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Where is the cheapest place to get quality oxalic acid crystals for vaping for Varoa?

The OA thing is a bit of a farce.
We all know we are using OA, and a multitude of academics refer to OA in publications.

This whole charade brings the whole treatment and medications limitations and directives into disrepute.
I was wondering if there would be a difference between any off the shelf OA available as cleaning products from various suppliers or food grade OA, if such a thing exists?
I was once told that OA can have trace heavy metals in.

I was wondering if there would be a difference between any off the shelf OA available as cleaning products from various suppliers or food grade OA, if such a thing exists?
That's why many use APC, not only is it cheaper but is of a higher, cleaner quality

The OA thing is a bit of a farce.
We all know we are using OA, and a multitude of academics refer to OA in publications.

This whole charade brings the whole treatment and medications limitations and directives into disrepute.
From everything I have read, gleaned and found out about the use of OA the "farce" began when a group decided to try and monetise and regulate its use in UK. I could be mistaken of course.

From everything I have read, gleaned and found out about the use of OA the "farce" began when a group decided to try and monetise and regulate its use in UK. I could be mistaken of course.
You could but somehow I doubt it. It also raises (yet again) what our national supposedly representative body were playing at when this all began.

You could but somehow I doubt it. It also raises (yet again) what our national supposedly representative body were playing at when this all began.
designing a new badge probably

How long do the makers of api-bioxal have sole rights to it?
I thought it was 10 years in which case it has already expired - if I'm right then other companies could market the same product, albeit with the same added stuff too!

How long do the makers of api-bioxal have sole rights to it?
I thought it was 10 years in which case it has already expired - if I'm right then other companies could market the same product, albeit with the same added stuff too!
8th September 2015 according to the official documents.

https://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/productinformationdatabase/files/SPC_Documents/SPC_807534.PDF

As discussed at length, it makes no logistical or financial sense for another manufacturer to go through the process of introducing a generic api-bioxal formulation with such a small market and end users that openly use off the shelf OA instead. One would get better return on the money leaving it in a bank. If an altruistic applicant where to apply and get supported by a body of beekeepers it could work.

Latest posts

Back