Oxalic acid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe they could market a diet version

Sugar free!

Hi
today i went and bought the 500g oxalic acid from thornes, but the lady who served me warned me that this was only for bleaching the hives, is the thornes 500g oxalic acid safe for vaporising?. Are there different ones for vaporising. she was telling me to buy the 35g api-bioxal for vaporising. this is the first time for me to treat bees by vaporising
Appreciate your help

Yes its safe to use for sublimation but the only registered product is api bioxal... so using generic OA is illegal under the VMD guidelines . So, of course, you are only going to use your generic OA for bleaching your hives aren't you ?

Yes its safe to use for sublimation but the only registered product is api bioxal... so using generic OA is illegal under the VMD guidelines . So, of course, you are only going to use your generic OA for bleaching your hives aren't you ?
Thank you

There was a chemical supplier selling oxalic acid on Ebay. 99.7% pure. Probably purer than the overpriced bureaucratic acid.
No probably about it. A significant part of the newfangled stuff is deliberately introduced, one could say the OA is contaminated in the manufacturing process. It's a cluster f**k as gunnery sergeant highway said in heartbreak ridge.

Hi
Is it possible to use a car charger/battery jump starter to run vaporisers, if so, any suggestions.
appreciate your kind replies

Hi
Is it possible to use a car charger/battery jump starter to run vaporisers, if so, any suggestions.
appreciate your kind replies
Just put Car Jump Starter into Amazon.
I bought one that delivered 600A 18000 mAh 12V in 2016 and it powered the pan for 8 hives if I was quick.
Most of them are much more powerful these days

I never knew such things existed! I have an unfixable slow puncture (new wheel needed). The Amazon's Choice one will no only start the car but also inflate a tyre - and charge a device etc.

(I won't need it for OA because I have an ... - but I'm becoming a bore about that.)

I never knew such things existed! I have an unfixable slow puncture (new wheel needed). The Amazon's Choice one will no only start the car but also inflate a tyre - and charge a device etc.

(I won't need it for OA because I have an ... - but I'm becoming a bore about that.)
They are good aren’t they? Long after the varrox went to a new home we keep the starter in the car

Since i am just going to be using it for vaporising(i have 6 hives), would the charger/jumper die while not in use. should i be charging it or do they keep the charge
Regards

Last edited:
They are good aren’t they? Long after the varrox went to a new home we keep the starter in the car

I bought one that delivered 600A 18000 mAh 12V in 2016 and it powered the pan for 8 hives if I was quick.
Most of them are much more powerful these days
Hi Dani
I brought a yaber Car jump starter model no.yr800 but it didn't work. Should i have bought a charger rather than a car jump
or can you give me the model and make of your car jump starter.
look forward to your reply and advice Regards

Hi Dani
I brought a yaber Car jump starter model no.yr800 but it didn't work. Should i have bought a charger rather than a car jump
or can you give me the model and make of your car jump starter.
look forward to your reply and advice Regards
I can’t see why it wouldn’t.
What vapouriser are you using?
My starter has been discontinued. It was bought 8 years ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back