Oxalic acid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be that the battery clamps on the booster pack are not "live" when not connected to a battery (load), so your vaporiser is not receiving a current. Try connecting a multimeter to the booster pack clamps to confirm they are live.
K ;)

are you sure that the vaporiser itself isn't goosed? just connect it up to your car's battery for a few seconds just to see whether it starts to heat up
The vaporiser is ok, today i took a car battery and it worked. No problem vaporising all the six hives

The vaporiser is ok, today i took a car battery and it worked. No problem vaporising all the six hives
The jump starter will have reverse polarity protection - are you sure you had the wires the right way round ? (Sorry think about the most obvious first !) Secondly, some of these chargers detect a dead short ... the OA wand is effectively a dead short - the type you have heats the pan by passing the current through the aluminium pan. Lastly, you are looking at an instant draw on the charger of 150 watts at 12 Volts ... the charger might be trying to reduce the initial start up current - normally a jump start will be on a battery that still has some life in it .. I doubt that the charger would work to start a car if you just left the battery out and connected the jump leads to the car battery connectors. There's some clever eletcrickery inside these charges to stop you destroying them !

Back