Foundation Pricing and Availability

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi all. Apologies if this is a recurring subject but I'm looking in the wrong places if it is. I need to buy BS Deep and Shallow foundation and a fair amount of it, I've nearly had a coronary when started searching on line as haven't bought any for a while. The cheapest I can find anywhere is Thorns for both working out at £1.28 for Deeps and 78p each for Shallows when buying over a hundred of each. Is this going to be as good as it gets or am I overlooking somewhere that is notably cheaper. Thanks

Hi all. Apologies if this is a recurring subject but I'm looking in the wrong places if it is. I need to buy BS Deep and Shallow foundation and a fair amount of it, I've nearly had a coronary when started searching on line as haven't bought any for a while. The cheapest I can find anywhere is Thorns for both working out at £1.28 for Deeps and 78p each for Shallows when buying over a hundred of each. Is this going to be as good as it gets or am I overlooking somewhere that is notably cheaper. Thanks
Maisemore's do a 10% discount for orders over £100.00 and 20% for over £200

Maisemore's do a 10% discount for orders over £100.00 and 20% for over £200

I don't think it works out a whole lot cheaper than Thorne's though. At least, not when I last looked.

The cost of foundation was one of the drivers behind me moving to using a significant number of starter strips or foundationless frames.

James

I don't think it works out a whole lot cheaper than Thorne's though. At least, not when I last looked.

The cost of foundation was one of the drivers behind me moving to using a significant number of starter strips or foundationless frames.

James
Im likely to be following suit very shortly!

To all those who contributed to my post who might be interested in the result of all my findings, Maisemore, Thorne and Simon The Beekeeper, discounts applied were within a few pence on pricing, all with free delivery for the quantity I required and all getting good recommendations. Thanks to JBM's comments I went with Maisemore, ordered yesterday morning and delivered this morning at 1100 by DHL, I don't think anyone can beat that!! Cheers

Murray's foundation is not standard size. It is designed for rewaxing their prewired frames and is a little smaller than elsewhere as a result.
He'll supply both or whatever you need by the pallet, either standard wax or their own.

@Rob H - email or ring him but it sounds like Maisemore might be a better option. Regards Abelo, ask for some samples (frames/Wax) and compare, their wax is very good (y)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back