Upmarket Honey packaging and labelling ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully of use for Inspiration, 3 labelled jars brought back from Hols in Italy

Middle jar was in box.

I plan to try something similar when I get my hands on my first crop.

Last edited by a moderator:
aaaahhhhh, I was wondering about that aspect, but haven't started goggling yet

honeyjarlabels have been great for me. google it. Most helpful

Agree. I've always found Phil very helpful and the labels are a cut above the rest.

And check the cost of compatible toners before you buy! They can be dead cheap!

:iagree:

I have one similar to this and the paper draw is a real pain..... When you have paper in it, the draw has to be half open and takes up space on the worktop.

Best place for printers is PC World. You can take them back just because you dont like them...
Sometimes they are cheaper than the same model for sale on ebay..

Last edited:

And check the cost of compatible toners before you buy! They can be dead cheap!

I have one similar to this and the paper draw is a real pain..... When you have paper in it, the draw has to be half open and takes up space on the worktop.

Significant confusion here.

This Samsung is NOT really similar to the Dell (eg c1760nw) - which is so small the paper drawer has to be open to hold A4.
The Samsung is MUCH bigger. (It takes up space all the time.)
Its actually a more advanced printer (does PostScript 3 emulation), and nominally has higher print resolution.
BUT there don't seem to be any *CHEAP* 'compatible' toners on eBay from the UK (and postage from the states kills cheap).

The Dell can be dead cheap to run. Its quick and simple (if dumb). And the fuser unit is happy to do double-sided "duplex" printing - the driver software supports it, although you do have to put the sheets through twice (it doesn't turn them over for you). And it has tablet printing capability.
All that is certain for that Dell.
Far from certain about the Samsung (though the price is amazing for a PostScript3 colour laser …)

All this b*ggering about finding printers, sourcing cheap ink etc. and worrying whether the labels will smudge - just take your design to a printers and get proper labels made. Simples! :D

Ahh, but not quite as versatile, JBM. I often design my labels on a whim! (go on, you know you want to...)

All this b*ggering about finding printers, sourcing cheap ink etc. and worrying whether the labels will smudge - just take your design to a printers and get proper labels made. Simples! :D

:biggrinjester:

Your design? Surely you should employ a professional designer? Saves a lot of bother!

You can save a whole lot more messing about by just buying a jar of honey occasionally … :)

The point about 'laser' printers is that the print doesn't smudge. However, in recent history, colour lasers have been enormous, complicated and expensive both to buy and to run. But not necessarily any more.

Best place for printers is PC World. You can take them back just because you dont like them...
Sometimes they are cheaper than the same model for sale on ebay..

When the ink runs out take them back to PC world and buy from somewhere else.

Colour Laser Printer....

ebuyer.com/393791-samsung-clp-415nw-wireless-colour-laser-printer-clp-415nw-see

Avoid ebuyer like the plague. I, like many many other people have had bad experiences with faulty products and very poor customer services. Dabs, Amazon, Redstore are all better bets. There even used to be a website called ebuyerdotcon for disgruntled customers, but ebuyer got the lawers in to shut it down.

Latest posts

Back