Upmarket Honey packaging and labelling ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is mine, hopefully not upside down! I put an info label on the reverse.
I don't use the anti tamper with the fancy bee picture lids!

His agent wants £350
I'm going to have a go at painting my own.....
I've just tried some transparent labels......what a mess!!! fingerprints.
enrico....I love your back label....what I can read of it.

2lxgils.jpg

Just a simple Thornes template. Probably design my own when they run out

Thanks. Tastes pretty good too. Very fruity

There we go Enrico, try and get it right next time

Just spit my cornflakes across the table when I laughed...... Good one, I recognise it now!redwood:icon_204-2:
The reason I fill them to the top is that I was always told you should do! Don't know why, so I always have. The 355 is actually still under the weight, some are more like 365/370! I guess if I did it right I would probably make another jar profit but hey......at £4.50 for 12 oz can't complain. Not that many years ago it was £1.50 for 1lb!
E

All the fancy boxes and ribbons don't make it taste any better and they add to the cost of production. Having said that if you have enough to keep selling throughout the year packaging does count for something when people are buying presents and if you can charge a high enough price to make it worth the extra trouble then great. I have a Thornes label with my own specs. last year I sold out within a few weeks of putting a board on the grass verge. Hope to do the same this year. I havent taken it all off yet so holding fire.

I agree Margaret and have always gone for keep it simple but also see myself moving towards the fancy deli and stall sales pitch and therefore experimenting with some other jar types and labels. I guess my head has been turned by the £16 per pound some people get in the big bad city. I don't expect to get that but would like to present a good product if people are willing to pay so much.

All the fancy boxes and ribbons don't make it taste any better and they add to the cost of
production. Having said that if you have enough to keep selling throughout the year packaging does count for something when people are buying presents and if you can charge a high enough price to make it worth the extra trouble then great. I have a Thornes label with my own specs. last year I sold out within a few weeks of putting a board on the grass verge. Hope to do the same this year. I havent taken it all off yet so holding fire.

Certainly right re not tasting any better :)
Though hey don't underestimate the power of product presentation and marketing. I will try it next year, think it really elevates into something that would be perceived ( and rightly so ! ) as more exclusive and artisan

I have to say that honey looks gorgeous, Ely. I reckon I'd get through that in a week!

It smells and tastes very fruity. Keep meaning to go out and get some croissants! Loads of brambles around here. The spring honey is now set and bright yellow. I think it is mainly dandelion. There is an on old roman fort surrounded by acres of grassland that are full of them, and then later wild flower because they don't cut too often. Just down the hill from that is a river path with plum trees, elderberry bushes and sloe trees. I don't think my bees have had access to OSR since I started beekeeping. I had a customer that wouldn't buy any after her first jar because she said it was too nice, ate it by the spoonful and it was gone by the second day :icon_204-2: . I think she was used to Rowse!

Back