Honey Jar Labels ???

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which just goes to confirm that, at times, the law is an ass ... and the only people able to challenge stupidity are those with very deep pockets and the ability to accept the cost of losing as a risk... and with very little material effect evident if they win !
Cant really disagree with that, except to say the law always has been a ass with deep pockets.

Can't under understand supermarket that is pure and natural yet blended with honey from the Eu\non EU....

My go to label designer is Brian Phibben.

I had a long talk at a conference with a honey packer and he mentioned these points as critical:

No fancy font the label should be readable from 4-6ft away. His point being many are too vain to wear specs when shopping.

Must obviously be legal and accurate.

Must be stand out, it has to have that "pop".

Pretty simple then eh?

PH

Attachments

• unnamed (1).png
    unnamed (1).png
    366.7 KB · Views: 1
After much thought and research, I invested in a good thermal printer this year, I needed it for postage labels anyway, but it’s ideal for printing your own honey labels. I enjoy designing anyway and I have complete flexibility to change details on the labels, such as type of honey, lot/dates etc and I can use the same style across all my hive products, like candles and furniture polish. My labels are black and white but i’m also quite happy with that. Definitely works out cheaper in the long run and no expensive ink to replace.

After much thought and research, I invested in a good thermal printer this year, I needed it for postage labels anyway, but it’s ideal for printing your own honey labels. I enjoy designing anyway and I have complete flexibility to change details on the labels, such as type of honey, lot/dates etc and I can use the same style across all my hive products, like candles and furniture polish. My labels are black and white but i’m also quite happy with that. Definitely works out cheaper in the long run and no expensive ink to replace.
I keep mine black and white. They are cheaper and can look really classy!

A good label is an investment.

PH
I agree, but the flexibility of printing my own, having just discovered much of the remainder of my heather blend honey has crystallised, i’ve now got the option to change it to soft set on the label if I need to go down that route.

my heather blend honey has crystallised, i’ve now got the option to change it to soft set on the label if I need to go down that route.
I use the same label for both - people can usually tell by looking at the jar whether it's set or not

Just had a label delivery from Thornes, 2*1000 of one & 1000 of another (same label just slightly different details). A label I’ve used for I don’t know how many years & am very happy with. I’ve never really looked anywhere else but don’t think I will with the price quoted above…………my invoice was £114 for the 3000.
Hi, i agree…some of the prices quoted above are expensive especially as im new to beekeeping. Can i ask which label you get from Thornes please?

Hi, i agree…some of the prices quoted above are expensive especially as im new to beekeeping. Can i ask which label you get from Thornes please?
Do you have a printer at home?
I designed my own labels using Averys design section on their website. I found cheaper compatible labels from elsewhere and then print out from my saved work on the Avery website.

Do you have a printer at home?
I designed my own labels using Averys design section on their website. I found cheaper compatible labels from elsewhere and then print out from my saved work on the Avery website.
Even better, buy a cheap black and white laser printer. The ink doesn't run if it gets damp! Keep you labels mono colour

I use a dymo labelwriter 450, it's a thermal printer and needs no ink prints black only. I don't buty dymo labels as they are more expensive that some compatible ones found on Google

Dymo 450 used here as well , I use cheaper compatible labels and over time I think they do fade.
No ink needed or need to change cartridges, a good option if colour isn't required.
For anti tamper seals I use a roll of Dymo 45010 Clear tape as used for the Label manager 180, a 7m roll that one simply snips to length required. Works well with pictured lids such as a bee on a flower etc.

Dymo 450 used here as well , I use cheaper compatible labels and over time I think they do fade.
No ink needed or need to change cartridges, a good option if colour isn't required.
For anti tamper seals I use a roll of Dymo 45010 Clear tape as used for the Label manager 180, a 7m roll that one simply snips to length required. Works well with pictured lids such as a bee on a flower etc.
Thanks for the tip on Tamperproof label

Latest posts

Back