No thanks...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, very light touch modding on here, unless your post something "commercial" in which case they are very quick to amend.
Rudeness has been allowed for ages, I've complained several times over the years to no avail.

Its very rare that I don't get involved.
I tend to contact the member concerned and have a word with them,that way it does not spill onto the forum.

Just because I cannot be seen to be involved does not mean I am ignoring stuff.

From the deleted posts above, I take it that the usual 'unable to read properly' merchants are plying their poison as usual. They are likely the ones who try to spread the rubbish in the first place. Long may they be trodden on.

But sometimes doing it in public is even more demeaning!
Just a thought! And no it wasn't me!

I agree, sometimes an observation about a post, a little guiding Hand via a PM , can be both timely and pertinent but without the use of put downs, which are equally hurtful in private as in the public arena
IMHO
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing that constantly annoys me as an IT tutor is the way that people can take messages, emails or texts completely the wrong way. I also deal with conflict resolution and one thing that crops up more often than not is language barriers, and by that I don't mean english vs french. I mean by the language someone uses i.e. generational, colloquial or social. Not everyone uses the same and people can unfortunately take things way out of context.

:iagree:

Can we let admin and moderators deal with this, and try to make sure that this thread isn't turned into some sort of witch hunt.

I agree Admin and moderators do a good and mostly thankless job. It a shame someone has been lost from the forum but reading the post I think there are a lot more things going on than just a silly PM.
S

You'll see that I have posted very few times despite joining almost 2 years ago. I read stuff on the forum every day and take on board advice which I think may be useful to me. I love seeing the photos people post. Sometimes I consider replying to a post but choose not to - I don't like the conflict, the sarcasm, the implication that any new members are novice beekeepers. I don't understand a lot of the 'smiles' so tend not to use them.

I have learnt that much of beekeeping is based on opinion, regional differences, who taught you, which books you read. It seems quite difficult to actually be 'wrong'.

I hope the moderators are able to resolve this issue for the OP.

I think an entirely appropriate way of toning messages on forums such as this, is to imagine you are addressing someone in a group, in a pub.

Yes, often nuances in text are missing, and therefore sometimes comments and posts can be interpreted differently than if spoken.

However, some on here wouldn't dare speak to people, often newbies/strangers, in the flesh as they do on here. To take it to PM is even more cowardly. IMO :)

Always say what you would say to someone in the flesh.
And unless you are in the teaching or medical profession (get stalked too often) use your real name or at least a reasonable contraction thereof...

Derekm = Derek Mitchell.

Always say what you would say to someone in the flesh.
And unless you are in the teaching or medical profession (get stalked too often) use your real name or at least a reasonable contraction thereof...

Derekm = Derek Mitchell.

Jenkinsbrynmair = Sidney Herbert lloyd George Mons Mohamad Iqubal Benedict O'Leary (the third) :D

Yes thats right Black Comb when the forum was set up and you must remember as you joined at a similar time its intention was to be more self moderating as opposed to over moderated and that has continued throughout. It was also intended to be commercial free something that has also continued.

This thread has cabin fever all over it don’t worry the sun will return and we can all go and visit the bees once more.:spy:

I think an entirely appropriate way of toning messages on forums such as this, is to imagine you are addressing someone in a group, in a pub.

Yes, often nuances in text are missing, and therefore sometimes comments and posts can be interpreted differently than if spoken.

However, some on here wouldn't dare speak to people, often newbies/strangers, in the flesh as they do on here. To take it to PM is even more cowardly. IMO :)

Sorry, MandF, did you say something? Mine's a pint of the Special...

Unfortunately i have seen some nasty replies to other peoples posts whp have asked for answers in their time of need. The forum has administrators who should be monitoriing posts and to say that everyone is treated equally is rubbish.
If someone asks a genuine question whether they be a total amatuer or a seasoned professional then surely they should be given the same decent response.
Dont want to start quoting laws but online harassment and bullying is becoming a common thing and being pursued more and more and rightly so

The forum has administrators who should be monitoriing posts and to say that everyone is treated equally is rubbish.

Actually, that is questionable and from Admin's point of view, it is probably safer for him if he does not moderate every post, but allow self-policing.

This is because if he were to habitually intervene and then missed a really serious breach or attack, he would be liable. Whereas, by responding to complaints, he can demonstrate he is swift in reacting to potential problems.

But I agree with Admin, in that everyone is treated the same. If people have a complaint to make, they should use the normal channels, not through a post, or even by sending a rude PM. Then Admin can respond to the specific complaint and if he feels it is warranted, take immediate action.

Should add that on sites where you can indicate an abuse or illegal action, that will take down that message immediately (or after a set number of reports) and inform the administrator it needs to be vetted.

Last edited:
Getting a PM to tell me I am wrong is out - bad manners and plain nasty. Sorry if my bees don't do what many others do - maybe they are weird or I am seeing things...But I just don't need it. It related to my first post in ages - and I wish I hadn't bothered...

Logging out permanently - to much crap in my life already to put up with more from insulting member PMs...

Thanks to those of you who are wonderful, thank-you to those of you who have helped me greatly in the past...and those who have made me laugh and made me think

But

Goodbye
bin there done that back after a Month

Latest posts

Back