Honey price 2024

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Hi all you honey sellers its hilltop honey that's doing the market in shame
Hilltop do not compete in our market, Mick. They are wholesalers, buying in bulk from all over and will sell anywhere, but small-scale beekeepers like you and I are selling a local product at a far higher price to a discerning buyer.

Local honey sellers can help each other to ensure good £/g by not dumping honey on the market after a good season.

Hi all you honey sellers its hilltop honey that's doing the market in shame
£14/lb for Welsh Honey…………..https://lovehilltop.com/products/welsh-blossom-honey?_pos=3&_fid=6eafb9aa1&_ss=c

£10/lb for British………….https://lovehilltop.com/products/british-blossom-honey?_pos=1&_fid=6eafb9aa1&_ss=c

I’d say Hilltop is attempting to sell a premium product at a premium price - the streets are paved with gold in the beekeeping world.

Local honey sellers can help each other to ensure good £/g by not dumping honey on the market after a good season.
Local bee farmer is now selling cheaper than ever (after costs have risen 40%(ish) over the past few years). I'm selling mine B2B at more than their retail price. A race to the bottom is not the way to run a business, but assume it works for them.

With some effort, decent marketing and customer awareness of how rare and premium our products are, a healthy margin is viable.

I sell 3b tubs regularly in whatever box I find and the odd 30lb bucket goes by courier
hi Dani, how do you price your 3lb tubs?
One of my shops makes cakes and used my 227 jars to make a honey cake. She asked if I could supply in a larger pack so I'm trying to work out a price based on fewer jars and labels and less work in filling.
I normally sell my 227g for £3.90 wholesale so am considering £24-£25 for a 2kg tub.

hi Dani, how do you price your 3lb tubs?
One of my shops makes cakes and used my 227 jars to make a honey cake. She asked if I could supply in a larger pack so I'm trying to work out a price based on fewer jars and labels and less work in filling.
I normally sell my 227g for £3.90 wholesale so am considering £24-£25 for a 2kg tub.
I sell my 1.2kg tub at £16 compared to my 340gr at £6. My 1.2kg tubs are mostly for people cooking with it (I have a couple of cafes on the books) so they don't get the prenium honey, i.e. they don't mind if it is the bottom of the buckets.

I sell my 1.2kg tub at £16 compared to my 340gr at £6. My 1.2kg tubs are mostly for people cooking with it (I have a couple of cafes on the books) so they don't get the prenium honey, i.e. they don't mind if it is the bottom of the buckets.
3lb is 1.36Kg. I sell those for £20
No problem in selling them.

Does anyone sell their honey in bulk? 30lbs bucket. If so could you please share how much you get per lb.

Latest posts

Back