This year's honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this message in an empty honey jar on my doorstep yesterday! I charge £6.
View attachment 38970

I shouldn't worry about it. Anyone who writes in all capitals and is still barely legible is probably an axe-murder anyhow.

James

I shouldn't worry about it. Anyone who writes in all capitals and is still barely legible is probably an axe-murder anyhow.

James
Surprised it's not written in crayon

Heavens Giles! It’s not your lady that brings back mostly empty jars and tells you the honey wasn’t nice is it?
No, sadly she is in long term residential care. In her defence, it was usually a nearly full jar with just a scoop removed that she returned......:)

No, sadly she is in long term residential care. In her defence, it was usually a nearly full jar with just a scoop removed that she returned......:)
Oh no. That is sad. Where would we all be if there weren’t eccentrics in the world. I wish her well.
As for your ex customer I think I might lean to towards James’ diagnosis 😉

Oh no. That is sad. Where would we all be if there weren’t eccentrics in the world. I wish her well.
As for your ex customer I think I might lean to towards James’ diagnosis 😉
Yes, she is missed. A few years ago she was sitting next to me at the annual Harvest Supper in the village hall. She told me to "Put your napkin on your lap" I obliged and asked her "Why don't you do the same?" She replied "Because I don't drop food down my front like you do":laughing-smiley-014

what on earth do you drink? I'd get a pint and a chaser for that in my club!

There's a huge variation in beer prices across the country. I've been told that some places in London are charging close to £10 for a pint these days. I could probably get a couple of pints and a half for that here, and even get change.

James

a pint and a chaser
I remember as a child in my grandfather's bar watching (from behind the bar - we were free to roam) men come in and ask for a 'half and a half pint'. The half (whisky) disappeared quickly and the half pint was sipped at interminably. It did fascinate me. I would say better than the tele, but that didn't come till a few years later.

Latest posts

Back