This year's honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I am very excited with this move to a more rural area that is very passionate about food, family and community. yes Patricks site is fine.
Just another 100 jars to go. But thats agiculture. I used to sell organic local produce at a few farmers markets in the area. Even though I had passionate loyal regular customers, we just didnt turn the volumes to make it worth while. The culture of the local population does not support or value local food enough..While in the larny areas in london we used to turn thousands in a market day.
So i wish you all a profitable and prosporous season.
I find that a few local markets with time spent on marketing and presentation and a good banter and you can clear 100 jars in a couple of hours

Yes you may be right, but i dont have the financial resiliance to drop regular horticulture clients to go chance it at a local farmers market and see what happens. I am of the working poor in this country and a day off or sick has serious financial consequences. My morgage has doubled our food has doubled etc etc etc And going to london is a total no no. I hate the place and sitting in traffic for many hours.
Please dont be angry but something is worth only what someone may pay for it. I have done our local markets and its a bit of a tumble weed and desolation situation. Thats why i am taking my skills to enrich another community with local produced food.
Peace. You all had the chance to buy my honey. A few on here bought all my colonies . So it is a massive loss for me and would have helped with some extra equipment for my market garden. But thats life..

Yes you may be right, but i dont have the financial resiliance to drop regular horticulture clients to go chance it at a local farmers market and see what happens. I am of the working poor in this country and a day off or sick has serious financial consequences. My morgage has doubled our food has doubled etc etc etc And going to london is a total no no. I hate the place and sitting in traffic for many hours.
Please dont be angry but something is worth only what someone may pay for it. I have done our local markets and its a bit of a tumble weed and desolation situation. Thats why i am taking my skills to enrich another community with local produced food.
Peace. You all had the chance to buy my honey. A few on here bought all my colonies . So it is a massive loss for me and would have helped with some extra equipment for my market garden. But thats life..
I feel for you but many of us will not sell other people's honey. It's our unique selling point that it is local. I meant no offence, just trying to help, and wish you luck wherever you go next. Try Somerset 😄

I feel for you but many of us will not sell other people's honey. It's our unique selling point that it is local. I meant no offence, just trying to help, and wish you luck wherever you go next. Try Somerset 😄
Yes, no worries, no offence taken at all. thats why we are moving. Birds of feather flock together.
I believe in local food.

Good luck ... I understand the need to keep an income flow and how devastating economic downturns have - particularly on small enterprises that often exist hand to mouth. Nobody should criticise you for doing what you have to do to keep your family fed and housed. Let's hope you find a community that is more tuned in to buying and enjoying the benefits of locally grown produce and enjoy some success ... and perhaps a return to beekeeping in due course. Dip in and let us know how you get on ...

Good luck ... I understand the need to keep an income flow and how devastating economic downturns have - particularly on small enterprises that often exist hand to mouth. Nobody should criticise you for doing what you have to do to keep your family fed and housed. Let's hope you find a community that is more tuned in to buying and enjoying the benefits of locally grown produce and enjoy some success ... and perhaps a return to beekeeping in due course. Dip in and let us know how you get on ...
No worries ,I did not want a pity party. Its just reality of many peaple..i was just trying tp explain my situation. I really did not want to go to the tip site with 500kg . It would be completly wrong in every way.I am not giving up beekeeping at all.But will start again asap.
But it has been strange not having my bees around.
But back to honey price. I wish we could get a decent price for our crops. We and our bees work hard given all the odds we have to deal with. But like said if you compare the price of a plastic burger or chemical drink a jar of local honey should retail for alot more.
So i hope you all get the best price possible.

No worries ,I did not want a pity party. Its just reality of many peaple..i was just trying tp explain my situation. I really did not want to go to the tip site with 500kg . It would be completly wrong in every way.I am not giving up beekeeping at all.But will start again asap.
But it has been strange not having my bees around.
But back to honey price. I wish we could get a decent price for our crops. We and our bees work hard given all the odds we have to deal with. But like said if you compare the price of a plastic burger or chemical drink a jar of local honey should retail for alot more.
So i hope you all get the best price possible.
Rather than go to the tip, would your local foodbank accept it? There’s a community kitchen near where I work, they have recently won an award for the work they do, collecting spare produce from allotments, supermarkets etc and then making it available for those who are struggling.

Rather than go to the tip, would your local foodbank accept it? There’s a community kitchen near where I work, they have recently won an award for the work they do, collecting spare produce from allotments, supermarkets etc and then making it available for those who are struggling.
Yes it was a good option. I did consider it. But all my honey has been sold now, so relief..

Yes it was a good option. I did consider it. But all my honey has been sold now, so relief..
Good for you 👍 Glad you managed to sell in the end it does get very frustrating hearing from some folk how easy it is to sell honey 🙄
Hopefully you're not moving to Staffordshire - you'll be out of the frying pan and into the fire. Most folk have no money and the rest only value German cars and designer handbags 😁

Good for you 👍 Glad you managed to sell in the end it does get very frustrating hearing from some folk how easy it is to sell honey 🙄
Hopefully you're not moving to Staffordshire - you'll be out of the frying pan and into the fire. Most folk have no money and the rest only value German cars and designer handbags 😁
Yes german cars are good but often associated with a certain type of drivers but you do get the odd exception. its strange how the most important things to life have the lowest financial and social value like good parents , real friends and freedom ,but name brands and other mass produce are valued highly. Just remember non of this stuff and ego is going with us when we die, what stays here is our reputation and memory to our loved ones.
the tide can change quickly and hunger quickly reminds us of what is important. Most peaple have no money just debt except the 1% and there army of brown nosed corporates leaches

Don’t knock designer handbags! My most lucrative client sells designer handbags 🤣

It's terrible when you find out that you're doing it all wrong...

Find buyers for a few dozen jars done up like this and I could keep one hive and put my feet up for the rest of the year.

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/shopping/australian-rare

James
Bit strange that the Supreme/Jarrah at £750 a jar is 20 times rarer than manuka but the Jewel/Karri at £500 is supposedly 1,000 times rarer than manuka.

Of course all my honey is also incredibly rare and limited in number of jars, with a unique flavour and composition so I'm going to add some zeros to my pricing.

Latest posts

Back