No thanks...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't stand being insulated from the forum ?? Glad to have you warming our posts Derek ! Even if some of them are a bit condensed !

The rmoral of the story is he couldnt see the kingspan for the trees

Thank-you to all. and those who contacted me away from the forum and persuaded me to pop back and read the resulting posts. I am at a point in my life where due to personal issues I am perhaps overly sensitive - which my 'PM'er' would be unaware of...and No I feel no-one would benefit from naming someone who felt they were 'right'...

Any post on the forum will achieve a basis of support or disagreement - which is accepted, but I feel to continue an argument unrequested on PM is not good forum etiquette.

We all live in different areas of the country and world - and to post that someone is wrong or posting misleading advice because they live in a different area where bees may be doing things other than yours isn't on. I watch my bees probably 12 - 14 hours a day - and learnt within my first year that at 12 o'clock bees will - and mating flights are always...DON'T apply to my bees. So when I read a very worried email from a 'newbee' I sought to reassure...Perhaps wrongly that not ALL bees work to the books; BUT are we not all entitled to do so?

I know there used to be a tag line here that 'bees do nothing invariably' and this is so true! PLEASE - disagree do so IN POST not via PM - Unless you know the person involved and what their background is...

I will lurk in the back-ground and perhaps post...if I can be sure that it is a piece of information which will not result in PMs I do not need...BUT thank-you all you wonderful people for the support :)

Thank-you to all. and those who contacted me away from the forum and persuaded me to pop back and read the resulting posts. I am at a point in my life where due to personal issues I am perhaps overly sensitive - which my 'PM'er' would be unaware of...and No I feel no-one would benefit from naming someone who felt they were 'right'...

Any post on the forum will achieve a basis of support or disagreement - which is accepted, but I feel to continue an argument unrequested on PM is not good forum etiquette.

We all live in different areas of the country and world - and to post that someone is wrong or posting misleading advice because they live in a different area where bees may be doing things other than yours isn't on. I watch my bees probably 12 - 14 hours a day - and learnt within my first year that at 12 o'clock bees will - and mating flights are always...DON'T apply to my bees. So when I read a very worried email from a 'newbee' I sought to reassure...Perhaps wrongly that not ALL bees work to the books; BUT are we not all entitled to do so?

I know there used to be a tag line here that 'bees do nothing invariably' and this is so true! PLEASE - disagree do so IN POST not via PM - Unless you know the person involved and what their background is...

I will lurk in the back-ground and perhaps post...if I can be sure that it is a piece of information which will not result in PMs I do not need...BUT thank-you all you wonderful people for the support :)

You stick around, kidder. We need all sorts of people, even the arseho...

I'm so glad you are back.
Adds another lovely person to combat any nasties.

Cazza

I'm so glad you are back.
Adds another lovely person to combat any nasties.

Cazza

:iagree:
I hadn't contributed to this thread because I thought you might not be back to read it.
Good to have you back, Queens :)

From the deleted posts above, I take it that the usual 'unable to read properly' merchants are plying their poison as usual. They are likely the ones who try to spread the rubbish in the first place. Long may they be trodden on.

"Long may they be trodden on"!

Post reported, lets see what happens eh.

From the deleted posts above, I take it that the usual 'unable to read properly' merchants are plying their poison as usual. They are likely the ones who try to spread the rubbish in the first place. Long may they be trodden on.

Interesting. I thought the 'all bold' was a tad out of order - a bit like shouting, which is usually frowned upon - but I didn't comment at the time - not wishing to stir the pot any more than it already had been.

But now you mention it ...

LJ

Is it winter already. Deleted posts and trodden on people. Reports going to Hitler, I mean :adminpower: it's the tash that did it. :ban: them :ban: me :bump:everybody. Or we could just get back on with the job of keeping bees and helping each other out with help and advice.

Oh and I'm not Phil I'm Paul.

PS Leave the Grumps alone, that's anyone like me who's over 50. We'er just stuck in our ways.

Last edited:

This post is quite offensive and against forum rules but I wont report the post because a public shaming of MandF for this childish spite should suffice in this case ;)

Or we could just get back on with the job of keeping bees and helping each other out with help and advice.

.. in a mature and respectful way, as most of us seem to be able to manage without any degree of difficulty...

Queens. Dont go, THE BEES NEED YOU !
I thought we are all here to help each other, to learn from others and share experiences.
After all we are doing all this for the bees. Some people are just so negative its a wonder they get anywhere in life.

Back