Another shameful act of vandalism

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im being polite by not swearing !

some of our race have returned to being neanderthal in there mental ability's

How sad. What's wrong with people.

Certainly sounds like poorly educated sub adults to me! :nono:

But why? What possible gain? Unless they thought they were being Bear Grills and planned on finding chunks of honey comb to eat.

So sad

why? just why? :( I cant belive I'm saying this, But I think someone needs to build a vandal proof hive... It shouldnt be needed, but this mindless killing of one of earths most amazing creatures by a group who are hardly removed from apes has to stop

A reason for the UK to have retained the birch

I think ratchet straps/ spansets might have saved these bees

I had two of my hives discovered by wee neds who threw logs bricks & hubcaps
at them but they remained intact due to being well tethered & on a railway sleeper stand.
Moved the bees as a result.

It makes me so angry......just wilful desecration. I bet they laughed and giggled while they did it then half an hour later had forgotten all about it.
I'd like to get into their house, take away every Playstation, mobile phone, expensive trainers....every gizmo that these hooligans hold dear in their meaningless deranged lives and leave them in their knickers on the Brecons to find their way home.

Just for once, why can't these idiots find a really bad tempered colony? A couple of stories of them being badly stung and maybe other little swines would think twice. This really upsets me. What are their parents doing when they ought to be teaching and guiding their children?

It makes me so angry......just wilful desecration. I bet they laughed and giggled while they did it then half an hour later had forgotten all about it.
I'd like to get into their house, take away every Playstation, mobile phone, expensive trainers....every gizmo that these hooligans hold dear in their meaningless deranged lives and leave them in their knickers on the Brecons to find their way home.

Tad harsh!

Nos da

Read the link in the original post, but cannot see where it states that the vandalism was carried out by children?

Read the link in the original post, but cannot see where it states that the vandalism was carried out by children?

Just putting two and two together and making six maybe - just a reasonable assumption because it was the school holidays. Most vandalism reports around here seem to coincide with school hols - a few years ago the association apiary had the hives kicked over in the school hols and the lane is a popular spot for youngsters to 'hang out'

It doesn't, but the description of throwing stuff at the hives sounds like stereotypical youth behaviour you have to admit.
Just a mindless act regardless of the age of the perpetrator :mad:

Plenty of adults also vandalise things, more often than not when under the influence of alcohol, and there is a lot of that problem about going by the news.

Two men attempt to vandalise a hive in Ashton.....

CCTV footage shows the foolhardy man shoving the lid off a hive and then kicking it at King George V Playing Fields in Ashton-under-Lyne,

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/watch-two-men-attempt-vandalise-10859747

And then we have what appears to be some kind of adult allotment vendetta type vandalism to beehives....

Arson and poison......
One hive burnt completely. Stand gone too.
5 others smell strongly of something.
One doesn't smell.

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32628&highlight=arson

I agree with EKB. A strapped hive may save the colony.

In my fenced out-apiary a couple of hives have a laminated notice.

" BEWARE Bee stings can kill "

You tell 'em Erica.
:judge:

Back