I'm embarrassed that I started beekeeping only last July 16th.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure? By that logic, penicillin is organic.

Yes, penicillin is organic - it's an antibiotic still made from the mould whereas tetracycline or sulphonamides are chemically synthesised

How is penicillin created?
Wiki:
Today penicillin is synthesized in a lab using penicillium mold, which naturally produces penicillin. The mold is grown with sugars and other ingredients through deep-tank fermentation until the penicillin is able to be separated from the mold.4 Feb 2020

Last edited:
Yes, penicillin is organic - it's an antibiotic still made from the mould whereas tetracycline or sulphonamides are chemically synthesised

How is penicillin created?
Wiki:
Today penicillin is synthesized in a lab using penicillium mold, which naturally produces penicillin. The mold is grown with sugars and other ingredients through deep-tank fermentation until the penicillin is able to be separated from the mold.4 Feb 2020
I'm not sure organic farming standards make that distinction.

Is this the silver bullet that beekeepers need to eradicate that vile parasite?
sry, its me ,disarm the bullet but this eradicate cant happen ,may never, as long the outside pest's reproductive bio cyrcle is shorter and inside the host's cyrcle!!varroa alone/itself is not the ''real enemy'' but an accelerant of viruses affect brain-wings-...........them are the real enemies

welcome to bees journey and hope bees fascinate you so much to educate/study bees themselves(biology - pathology) before whatever box and stuff, whatever varroa treat ,whatever manipulation and method you ll choose and follow which are also important but first come the bees, keeping in mind its not easy nurse bees and none knows all about bees and as someone known used to say - beekeeping is taught in desks and learned in mountains fields

ve a nice trip

Are you sure? By that logic, penicillin is organic.
I'm not sure organic farming standards make that distinction.

Depends on the definition of 'organic'! Is it in the chemical sense or 'nothing should be added'? If you purchase organically-sourced fish 'n chips is it OK to sprinkle sodium chloride and acetic acid?
[I've just clicked on the three dots, top right, but it doesn't give me the promised emojis]

Latest posts

Back