Vevor extractors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take it apart again and run a dremel type tool over them and round everything off; you'll be glad you did. I had numerous fine "paper cuts" on my hands/fingers from handling one, the legs especially are the worst source for cuts.
Alternatively wear leather gloves 😵‍💫
I once had to go over a set of spanners with a small grinder. When purchased new they had a nice shiny chrome finish. It wasn't long before the finish started to show signs of distress in industrial use and fine cuts on the users hands became common from the edges of the flaking chrome. I've studiously avoided buying or using shiny finish tools ever since.

Yes, I nearly put on a pair of leather gloves. How long do use spin each set of the frames for, as the max speed is much lower than when I hand crank on the old machine?
Handcranking-well smooth and steady resisting the urge to go faster (avoids blowout especially if the weather is warm as I extract in my conservatory on sunny days over 30 degrees ) - but I just go on until I cant see or hear honey hitting the side of the extractor typically maybe five minutes per side total after having turned the frame as its a tangential machine; also depends on the viscosity of the honey a bit. The benefit of electric is that you can go and have a drink while its turning :scotland-flag: .
ps- I wonder why its only the scottish flag that also depicts a drinking icon!!!??

I’ve now assembled my three frame Vevor electric extractor (cost £180 free shipping), but not yet used it. The finish is poor, as I expected, with very sharp edges on the metal cross strut holding the motor. National frames fit ok, with a loop of cable tie to support each. Had a practice go with empty frames and was surprised how slow the maximum speed was. The motor is only 140W (you get what you pay for) so I guess I’ll have to spin longer.
How long should you spin for generally with an electric extractor?
I have exactly the same unit..... literally just purchased it last week....I have been extracting frames at 45/50 on the little knob....at 10 minutes per side..... it's just sitting in the kitchen pooting along while I have a glass....and I swap out the frames between bottles 😁😎🤣😂

I have that o
Ne...basic, but very good.
Ten minutes per side seems a lot to me. On my manual, three-frame, they seem emptied after a couple of minutes. I must try spinning for longer. :)

I have that o
Ne...basic, but very good.
Ten minutes per side seems a lot to me. On my manual, three-frame, they seem emptied after a couple of minutes. I must try spinning for longer. :)
I can't drink that fast.... that's the problem 😂

Ten minutes? Where did it say that?

I have exactly the same unit..... literally just purchased it last week....I have been extracting frames at 45/50 on the little knob....at 10 minutes per side..... it's just sitting in the kitchen pooting along while I have a glass....and I swap out the frames between bottles 😁😎🤣😂
Hi Nick

I've been looking at buying one of these as my first extractor and would like to ask a question to somebody who owns one, before I buy.

The spec on the website ( unless I'm reading it incorrectly! ) seems to suggest that the extractor will accommodate 14 x 12 frames. Do you think that this is possible
as I have quite a few 14 x 12 frames full of honey and I'd prefer to spin them out and retain them as a valuable commodity rather than scraping them off?

Kind regards,

Mark

Hi Nick

I've been looking at buying one of these as my first extractor and would like to ask a question to somebody who owns one, before I buy.

The spec on the website ( unless I'm reading it incorrectly! ) seems to suggest that the extractor will accommodate 14 x 12 frames. Do you think that this is possible
as I have quite a few 14 x 12 frames full of honey and I'd prefer to spin them out and retain them as a valuable commodity rather than scraping them off?

Kind regards,

Mark
I’ve just gone out to the garage to find the answer to your question and I can say that a National 12x14 brood frame definitely does NOT fit.

I don't have any 12x14 frames to check the size, but just putting a tape measure across the top of the basket/cradle for each frame it measures 10inch wide so as Tony says unfortunately it won't fit.

I’ve just gone out to the garage to find the answer to your question and I can say that a National 12x14 brood frame definitely does NOT fit.
I don't have any 12x14 frames to check the size, but just putting a tape measure across the top of the basket/cradle for each frame it measures 10inch wide so as Tony says unfortunately it won't fit.
Thank you both for the effort and prompt answers...saves hitting the buy now button and being disappointed!

Funnily enough, I just bought the 4 frame version this weekend. Arrives by courier tomorrow! Fast service and hopefully up to scratch. First ever extraction taking place this weekend I hope.
How did you find the extractor Mark? Will it fit National brood frames as well as super frames?

How did you find the extractor Mark? Will it fit National brood frames as well as super frames?

National brood frames, not a bother. The extractor is built for whatever they use on the continent so national supers don’t fit but this is easily sorted with a couple of cable ties (thanks to whoever mentioned that in an earlier post, worked a treat). Spun out 11 foundationless super frames, easy as you like, decanted into a 30l bucket through a double strainer which fits perfectly underneath. Easy to put together and clean afterwards. For the additional cost of a few cable ties and given it’s price point, I would be more than happy to recommend. Another 3 supers to extract this weekend!

Attachments

• 03CD3426-3EAD-484E-A32D-03E810C823C5.jpeg
    03CD3426-3EAD-484E-A32D-03E810C823C5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • CA7AE547-6BA6-4211-823E-23721B4E38C5.jpeg
    CA7AE547-6BA6-4211-823E-23721B4E38C5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • A521B617-241E-4BDC-B1F1-0ED364806F29.jpeg
    A521B617-241E-4BDC-B1F1-0ED364806F29.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
National brood frames, not a bother. The extractor is built for whatever they use on the continent so national supers don’t fit but this is easily sorted with a couple of cable ties (thanks to whoever mentioned that in an earlier post, worked a treat). Spun out 11 foundationless super frames, easy as you like, decanted into a 30l bucket through a double strainer which fits perfectly underneath. Easy to put together and clean afterwards. For the additional cost of a few cable ties and given it’s price point, I would be more than happy to recommend. Another 3 supers to extract this weekend!
Excellent, thanks!

I just want a cheap one to tide me over for a couple of years….until I feel comfortable choosing a permanent (expensive!) one. I’ll use the cheap one to extract a few frames here and there and if I need to extract a lot of frames I’ll borrow the association’s machine.

I’m torn between the two frame and three frame models…the two frame really is cheap at £70.
I got that one this year: start very slow, turn around, slow again, etc. Worked very well for me. I tried to get away with tying two supers together and doing 4 at a time but the extractor did NOT like the weight. Therapeutic once you start spinning I suppose. What is the name of a 2-frame extractor (vs radial & tangenital)?

Funnily enough, I just bought the 4 frame version this weekend. Arrives by courier tomorrow! Fast service and hopefully up to scratch. First ever extraction taking place this weekend I hope.
Hi just wondering how you got on with the vevor 4 frame. It is exactly that one i was just looking to buy. Any regrets with it?

Regards

paul

Hi just wondering how you got on with the vevor 4 frame. It is exactly that one i was just looking to buy. Any regrets with it?

Regards

paul
See Post #75 above .... Looks like he found it a good bit of kit.

I had a virtually identical one for the first 8 years of my beekeeping and I never had any issues apart from, in one over enthusiastic spin out, one side of the perspex lid dropped partially into the spinner and the resultant bang gave me a bit of a shock ... it took a piece out of the lid but it remained usuable and was finally passed on to another member on here when I bought a bigger Lega electric one. I susoect it is still going strong and if I had possessed room to store it then I would have kept it for the times when I just needed to spin out a super or two rather than getting the 15 frame Lega out ...which does not fit through the kitchen door without removing the legs and weighs a ton by comparison to the previous one.

Latest posts

Back