Vevor extractors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might find a looped cable tie or a stainless steel ring to hold the top lug of the frame in place helps. I used to get 8 super frames in my four frame extractor by doing that and never had a problem with the frames slipping during extraction.
Exactly right. Borrowed a three frame version recently and left the cable ties in it for the owner. Build quality is just about ok but the finishing seems non existent, sharp edges everywhere and unburnished welds.

Exactly right. Borrowed a three frame version recently and left the cable ties in it for the owner. Build quality is just about ok but the finishing seems non existent, sharp edges everywhere and unburnished welds.
How many frames did you get in the 3 frame version sorry?

How many frames did you get in the 3 frame version sorry?
Well I tried to fit six standard shallows however it was a bit tightened and importantly the lower support seems to be designed for probably langstroth frames so did not properly hold them at all. I ended up just doing three at a time with a cable tie holding the frame upright by one of the lugs - I actually used two different coloured ties set to one side of the centre of the cage side so when I turned the frame I didn't get in a muddle;)

added - as you only have a few hives I would suggest you look at the Saf Natura range of small extractors, made in italy and sold through easipet and other eBay and amazon distributers.

Well I tried to fit six standard shallows however it was a bit tightened and importantly the lower support seems to be designed for probably langstroth frames so did not properly hold them at all. I ended up just doing three at a time with a cable tie holding the frame upright by one of the lugs - I actually used two different coloured ties set to one side of the centre of the cage side so when I turned the frame I didn't get in a muddle;)

added - as you only have a few hives I would suggest you look at the Saf Natura range of small extractors, made in italy and sold through easipet and other eBay and amazon distributers.
I've got the same one and found the national super frames didn't fit right, ill give that a try thanks very much!

I've got the same one and found the national super frames didn't fit right, ill give that a try thanks very much!
Don't loose that ball bearing, its just loose in its cup, and don't let honey get in the cup either.!! I extracted with the gate open or kept a very close eye on the levels in the bottom of the tank. Enjoy your honey.:nature-smiley-016:

Don't loose that ball bearing, its just loose in its cup, and don't let honey get in the cup either.!! I extracted with the gate open or kept a very close eye on the levels in the bottom of the tank. Enjoy your honey.:nature-smiley-016:
I'm glad you said that! I only had 4 frames to exactract (wanted to test it out and they where half set) so didn't go to high. And that explains the single loose ball bearing I found haha ! Enjoy yours to thanks again

I think I’m going to go for it. Am I right in thinking it will hold national brood as well as super frames?

I’ll get a few cable ties too…

I'm glad you said that! I only had 4 frames to exactract (wanted to test it out and they where half set) so didn't go to high. And that explains the single loose ball bearing I found haha ! Enjoy yours to thanks again
I bought a 8 frame Unimel from Thornes in a sale (a bit battered from shop display at Stockbridge) and it looks like the big brother of the one in question. First time I cleaned it out I tipped it upside down on the lawn to get all the water out. And the ball bearing! I crawled around using a magnet on the lawn to try to find it but gave up after a good half hour. 😤

Up the ante on that one-crawling around ,getting harassed by wasps,swatting your specs to the ground then treading on them.
Tee shirt.
Or trying to catch it in the walk in shower where I clean my extractor. Watching the ball bearing roll round the shower floor and then disappearing down the plug hole. Bit like a good game of snooker. Aaahhh! Take the thing to bits to recover the ball bearing. Won't do that again! Can I have a tee shirt?

Or trying to catch it in the walk in shower where I clean my extractor. Watching the ball bearing roll round the shower floor and then disappearing down the plug hole. Bit like a good game of snooker. Aaahhh! Take the thing to bits to recover the ball bearing. Won't do that again! Can I have a tee shirt?
I think you deserve the T-shirt, the book and the movie for that one ... these stories about ball bearings made me laugh tonight ... the extractor suppliers don't tell you and you find out too late .... and you have to buy a pack of 50 to replace the one you lost .... I have the remainder of my pack of 50 somewhere .... could be a nice litlle earner in a week or three !!

Ok. Can I ask a thick question? Where’s the ball bearing supposed to go …. In case it happens to me 😬

Ok. Can I ask a thick question? Where’s the ball bearing supposed to go …. In case it happens to me 😬
At the base of the central spine of the frame cage - in a small recess. The cage then spins on the bearing.

At the base of the central spine of the frame cage - in a small recess. The cage then spins on the bearing.
Ah. Thanks Poot. I do have a large SS extractor but I’ve never taken it to bits.
I presume my plastic one won’t have one. At least I hope not!

I think you deserve the T-shirt, the book and the movie for that one ... these stories about ball bearings made me laugh tonight ... the extractor suppliers don't tell you and you find out too late .... and you have to buy a pack of 50 to replace the one you lost .... I have the remainder of my pack of 50 somewhere .... could be a nice litlle earner in a week or three !!
What size ball bearing are they. I think I have lost mine.

same issue as other with this - cant easily secure Supers in it as its designed for larger (brood size?)
frames . had to manually hold each frame with wire whilst spinning.

Latest posts

Back