How much?!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit that I'd forgotten that the local BKA has one available. I bought mine fairly early on because it was never available when I wanted it, but for these it probably doesn't matter. I shall check to see if it will take the frames after I've had another go at fitting one in mine.

James

After forgetting for a couple of weeks, I've just been reminded that I was going to try to fit deep frames into my radial extractor. It's a fiddle, but they will fit, albeit with the bottom rail alongside the spindle, but they actually appear to lock each other in once in that position. I'm not going to have many deep frames to extract this year, so I think I'll give it a whirl (ho ho) and see how I get on before deciding what might be the best course of action in the future. What's the worst that could happen?

radial-brood-01.jpg

James

Just today I saw a video showing the use of a potato ricer to press (heather) honey out of comb. Could be an option for a small amount.
I had a go at that Sutty and found it a real PIA even with a few frames :ROFLMAO:

Soon switched to one of those small screw driven fruit presses, easier and far more satisfying.

After forgetting for a couple of weeks, I've just been reminded that I was going to try to fit deep frames into my radial extractor. It's a fiddle, but they will fit, albeit with the bottom rail alongside the spindle, but they actually appear to lock each other in once in that position. I'm not going to have many deep frames to extract this year, so I think I'll give it a whirl (ho ho) and see how I get on before deciding what might be the best course of action in the future. What's the worst that could happen?

radial-brood-01.jpg

James
This position is bound to cause the twist to break the entire honeycomb. You should shift it to the center position so that the frame is almost flush with the metal top bracket. Thus the arrangement allows to balance the weight of the frame with the opposite frame and even if it is not completely the torsion effort will be lower.

Latest posts

Back