Vevor extractors again!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've ordered one of these, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38683768...O7Xd1wMQCe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Ended up paying a touch under £215, should be here in less than a fortnight.
Two things though,
The photo says 140 watt motor, the description says 120 watt, we'll see.
I think the price they are showing in pounds is in fact Euros.
I’ll look forward to your delivery as much as you will, I’d be keen to hear how quick the delivery is, thoughts on packaging and the product itself and how it performs,

I’m going to need to order myself a bigger extractor than my 2 frame tangential manual extractor sooner than later, so your experience good or bad may sway my decision.

I’ll look forward to your delivery as much as you will, I’d be keen to hear how quick the delivery is, thoughts on packaging and the product itself and how it performs,

I’m going to need to order myself a bigger extractor than my 2 frame tangential manual extractor sooner than later, so your experience good or bad may sway my decision.
I think, to a greater extent, it's the luck of the draw .. I had a manual extractor (clearly ex-far East) via Germany - was a really good product for the price I paid, small dent as the packaging was a bit light but it pushed out and was not noticeable - I had a bit of fettling to do, tighten up nuts and bolts, added some cable ties to keep the frames in place, the lid didn't sit very well so I added a couple of stops to locate it but these were all my 'fiddling' and improvements rather than essentials.

I've bought quite a bit from Vevor over the years and mostly it has been as good (indeed identical) to stuff sold under some well known suppliers brand names. My son bought a hydraulic press which was useless, sent it back, got another one the same, sent it back, got another one and it was brilliant - he suspects the machining or the seals on the first two were at fault but without taking them apart we would never know. I think you have to be prepared for some minor issues - and whether you can live with them or not.

Watch out when buying on line - sometimes the return postage is a killer - but you have 30 days in which, by law, you can return for a full refund.

It arrived today, not bad, less than a week.
There's good and bad, some bad caused by the Yodel delivery driver, despite arrows a labels, it was delivered upside down.
The only visible sign of any damage on the outer packing was a taped up hole.
It got worse on the inside, see the photos.
In fairness it was well packed, and despite yodels best efforts, there was no real damage to the extractor.
There's some small scratches to the perspex lids and some scratches on the inside of the drum, both I think from manufacture rather than bad handling.
The thing I'm really disappointed with is the basket, it's not the one in post #8 that would take 4 radial frames.
Overall though, I'm impressed for the money.
Looking on YouTube it seems to be exactly the same as the electric Vevor, or the Vevo as it's labelled on some of the American videos.
I imagine they're all made in the same factory.
I've written to the supplier complaining about the basket but I'm not sure what they can do, I doubt they even know what they're selling.

Attachments

• IMG_20240404_190524.jpg
    IMG_20240404_190524.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240404_175915.jpg
    IMG_20240404_175915.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240404_175918.jpg
    IMG_20240404_175918.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240404_175929.jpg
    IMG_20240404_175929.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
It arrived today, not bad, less than a week.
There's good and bad, some bad caused by the Yodel delivery driver, despite arrows a labels, it was delivered upside down.
The only visible sign of any damage on the outer packing was a taped up hole.
It got worse on the inside, see the photos.
In fairness it was well packed, and despite yodels best efforts, there was no real damage to the extractor.
There's some small scratches to the perspex lids and some scratches on the inside of the drum, both I think from manufacture rather than bad handling.
The thing I'm really disappointed with is the basket, it's not the one in post #8 that would take 4 radial frames.
Overall though, I'm impressed for the money.
Looking on YouTube it seems to be exactly the same as the electric Vevor, or the Vevo as it's labelled on some of the American videos.
I imagine they're all made in the same factory.
I've written to the supplier complaining about the basket but I'm not sure what they can do, I doubt they even know what they're selling.
Disappointing to hear about the wrong basket, I too would want the 8 frame version; hopefully you’ll get a partial refund or the correct basket sent out to you if the supplier replies.

Have you had an opportunity to plug it in and spinning? Does the motor run smoothly and quietly?

Disappointing to hear about the wrong basket, I too would want the 8 frame version; hopefully you’ll get a partial refund or the correct basket sent out to you if the supplier replies.

Have you had an opportunity to plug it in and spinning? Does the motor run smoothly and quietly?
I think it will still take 8 supers, just not radially.
I'll have a play today, it was a bit late when it arrived.
I can't see them changing the basket, as I said, I doubt they even know what's in the box, I'll see what they say.
It seems to run fine, there's a squeak, but I'm pretty sure it's just newness.

I think it will still take 8 supers, just not radially.
I'll have a play today, it was a bit late when it arrived.
I can't see them changing the basket, as I said, I doubt they even know what's in the box, I'll see what they say.
It seems to run fine, there's a squeak, but I'm pretty sure it's just newness.
it will take 8 supers tangentially .. two per section of the basket - it's virtually identical to the manual one I started out with. You need some loops of cable tie at the top of the cage to slip over the lug of the frame to keep it in place. Some posh people have used stainless steel split rings rather than cable ties but they do the same job.

OK, this is the latest.
The supplier has been pretty easy to deal with.
As we all knew, they are just a distributor, not a manufacturer.
They blame their supplier for sending the wrong photos.
As I said, they don't even know what's in the box.
Anyway, they offered me a £20 discount, but I counter offered £50 and they agreed.
So for a touch under £165 I've got a 4/8 frame electric extractor.
Just got to wait to try it in anger now.

OK, this is the latest.
The supplier has been pretty easy to deal with.
As we all knew, they are just a distributor, not a manufacturer.
They blame their supplier for sending the wrong photos.
As I said, they don't even know what's in the box.
Anyway, they offered me a £20 discount, but I counter offered £50 and they agreed.
So for a touch under £165 I've got a 4/8 frame electric extractor.
Just got to wait to try it in anger now.
That's a deal isn't it ? 8 frame electric for the price of a 4 frame manual !!

Latest posts

Back