Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

nigel434 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Can anybody with experience of the winter sale comment on how long delivery normally takes?

Queens59 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
Last year it took about 3-4 weeks, although they did apologise for the delay.

chipper 

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
More than a hundred...Langstroth Jumbo
Some years I have waited 3 weeks or so... other years its been within the week.....

VEG 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
15+-some
Our association ordered over £5000 last year and took quite a while to come. Others ordered a few bits and it came back in a few weeks.

Monsieur Abeille 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
None of my own
Thornes Ebay Shop

Neg Feedback: items missing more exspencive than there site not helpful wont buy from again (BoaB Hive)

R2
If I recall correctly the prices on their eBay shop included VAT, and worked out the same

EDIT - just checked and they are indeed slightly more on eBay - I think BoB was £140 incl VAT at Thornes as opposed to £150 on eBay - but I guess also they have to pay extra charges.

alanf 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
If I recall correctly the prices on their eBay shop included VAT, and worked out the same

EDIT - just checked and they are indeed slightly more on eBay - I think BoB was £140 incl VAT at Th**nes as opposed to £150 on eBay - but I guess also they have to pay extra charges.
That is what I guessed too. The eBay prices appear to be their usual price plus eBay and PayPal charges then rounded. Several of the sale items are on ebay with a similar mark up.

Advantage for them, like many retailers working outside ebay too, is it's another shop window and they send a catalogue with each order. If you maintain your own shop, you don't want to direct too many sales away from it to a higher cost outlet. The feedback totals show only a couple of hundred sales in three months, while their main operation must run to thousands, a proportion they're probably happy with. Like all the online beekeeper sites I've seen, their own site is clunky but just about usable.

To comment on the quoted feedback, when my items were wrongly supplied they responded next day through the usual eBay messaging and despatched in the next post. Difficulty is always going to be identifying and describing problems in packages you're seeing for the first time.

Beeline 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Actually you can order online or at their shop.

oliver90owner 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Can anybody with experience of the winter sale comment on how long delivery normally takes?

Being as you asked, here are my recent delivey for sale items. Last year, it was 1 1/2 days (the previous was a couple days, I think). PDQ by any standards.

There was a simple reason for this.

RAB

oliver90owner 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
For us that can't get enough they've now got a shop on fleabay

Just a sensible way to go. With id io ts buying 24 quids worth of kit for 63 quid delivered with sellers openly advertising them as Th8rne seconds (with no comeback if they were only good for kindling), more sales for T and saves the id io ts money as well. Good all ways round. Still be id io ts out there, though.

RAB

Latest posts