T's winter online sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered some more stuff from Thornes - someone please take my credit card from me!

R2

Just ordered some more stuff from Thornes - someone please take my credit card from me!

R2
My Wife took mine after she sheen what i ordered, then went on to tell me that beekeeping was a rich mans game… :svengo:

R2

Brings back memories of some advice which was offered years ago -when planning a trip to visit Mrs.Smyth at what was Exeter Bee Supplies a well known foundation manufacturer smiled to himself while suggesting that to make things easier on ourselves we should just throw our wallets on her desk and let her sort the rest out! How right he was, a truly formidable character...

Last edited:
I am unhappy with the design of a lot of the honey processing gear:

Extractors aren't high enough off the ground for decent size buckets AND fliter///

You are bang on the button here.

I have to increase the height by 15cms to make room for my bucket and filters. Very tedious.

Cazza

I have to increase the height by 15cms to make room for my bucket and filters. Very tedious.

I suppose if the extractor was screwed to one of them triangular bits of sterling board, with castors under, using a large stainless (or plastic, even) sieve (obtained cheaply from the local hardware store) would likely do the job at relatively little expense.

Possibly a bit of skip diving for the ingredients for the 'roller coaster' extractor stand and even buying two sieves (I drain one, while using the other) to speed up the process?

Doesn't solve the problem of raising the sieve enough to fill a bucket, but that is not insurmountable, either. Sieving into a 15 litre bucket and pouring into the ten litre size, would posssibly even allow a jumbo sized sieve to be used...

Just ideas as 'thought for food'...

RAB

Finally placed made order after changing my mind several times on what I wanted / what I should actually buy!

I always empty the extractor into one bucket and then tip this through the double sieve into another. Makes life a lot easier for me!

I suppose if the extractor was screwed to one of them triangular bits of sterling board, with castors under, using a large stainless (or plastic, even) sieve (obtained cheaply from the local hardware store) would likely do the job at relatively little expense.

Possibly a bit of skip diving for the ingredients for the 'roller coaster' extractor stand and even buying two sieves (I drain one, while using the other) to speed up the process?

Just ideas as 'thought for food'...

RAB

I can see this might work for some. I have to wiggle the beast sideways to fit through narrow doors so it can't be any longer or have anything attached to the legs or I can't get it in the kitchen! Ho hum, what fun.
Cazza

Ahh. I take the legs off mine for moving. Still lives in it's original box for most of the year. Motor bar is stored separately. Most things are stored with an important part missing....well stored elsewhere.

RAB

Back