T's winter online sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anybody with experience of the winter sale comment on how long delivery normally takes?

Our association ordered over £5000 last year and took quite a while to come. Others ordered a few bits and it came back in a few weeks.

Thornes Ebay Shop

Neg Feedback: items missing more exspencive than there site not helpful wont buy from again (BoaB Hive)

R2

If I recall correctly the prices on their eBay shop included VAT, and worked out the same

EDIT - just checked and they are indeed slightly more on eBay - I think BoB was £140 incl VAT at Thornes as opposed to £150 on eBay - but I guess also they have to pay extra charges.

If I recall correctly the prices on their eBay shop included VAT, and worked out the same

EDIT - just checked and they are indeed slightly more on eBay - I think BoB was £140 incl VAT at Th**nes as opposed to £150 on eBay - but I guess also they have to pay extra charges.
That is what I guessed too. The eBay prices appear to be their usual price plus eBay and PayPal charges then rounded. Several of the sale items are on ebay with a similar mark up.

Advantage for them, like many retailers working outside ebay too, is it's another shop window and they send a catalogue with each order. If you maintain your own shop, you don't want to direct too many sales away from it to a higher cost outlet. The feedback totals show only a couple of hundred sales in three months, while their main operation must run to thousands, a proportion they're probably happy with. Like all the online beekeeper sites I've seen, their own site is clunky but just about usable.

To comment on the quoted feedback, when my items were wrongly supplied they responded next day through the usual eBay messaging and despatched in the next post. Difficulty is always going to be identifying and describing problems in packages you're seeing for the first time.

Actually you can order online or at their shop.

Can anybody with experience of the winter sale comment on how long delivery normally takes?

Being as you asked, here are my recent delivey for sale items. Last year, it was 1 1/2 days (the previous was a couple days, I think). PDQ by any standards.

There was a simple reason for this.

RAB

For us that can't get enough they've now got a shop on fleabay

Just a sensible way to go. With id io ts buying 24 quids worth of kit for 63 quid delivered with sellers openly advertising them as Th8rne seconds (with no comeback if they were only good for kindling), more sales for T and saves the id io ts money as well. Good all ways round. Still be id io ts out there, though.

RAB

Back