talking of price hike!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
24 + a few nucs....this has to stop!
I have just enquired with my ususal jar supplier and prices have gone up £25 per 200 jars...I almost fell on my *! Time to put prices up again and shop around. I reckon I will have to sell my 12oz jars at £6 this year!

I have just enquired with my ususal jar supplier and prices have gone up £25 per 200 jars...I almost fell on my *! Time to put prices up again and shop around. I reckon I will have to sell my 12oz jars at £6 this year!

Do you mind me asking who your usual supplier is, and how much they are charging now (and for what size jar)? Just looking at buying some myself

Thanks

Do you mind me asking who your usual supplier is, and how much they are charging now (and for what size jar)? Just looking at buying some myself
I used to get them from Pattersons. I use 12oz hexagonal which used to cost me 53.4P each (per 100 and incl VAT), and this year are 74.2p each. Obviously prices decrease the more you buy. I used to get 3-400 as I don't have space to store a pallet of jars!

Just looked at thorns 1 lb jars. They are a good buy especially if you can collect!

I am thinking of going back to 1 lb jars. I could charge £8 rather than £6 for 12 oz . Same price per ounce except less jars and lids.
I started with 1lb and 12oz but used to sell twice as many 12oz + the local shops preferred to sell the 12oz as they could add a slightly bigger margin. I reverted to 12oz only for this reason. I have a 1000 labels made so will have to use them all before I review the size.

Just before last christmas I order some jars for this year via amazon - its the only way I could enjoy 'free' delivery especially as I only need relatively small amounts. Prior to that a single 227/230g size jar was costing my over 75pence each once delivery costs were factored in.

We were warned of the price hike at the end of last year. I bough a pallet load before the rise and it saved me over £200 but I think there has been a second rise since then..

We were warned of the price hike at the end of last year. I bough a pallet load before the rise and it saved me over £200 but I think there has been a second rise since then..
Should have paid attention....I was the same at school!!

Ive just bought a pallet of jars and lids from Rawlings/Compak to divide up between club members. Did the same last year.
After their Jan price increase they were 38.7p per 12oz Hex jar which was 20% up on last year.
But we paid 34p/12ox hex jar inc lids and delivery - as it was a special offer.

Latest posts

Back