Bees have all gone - photos

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a serious contradiction in this thread, which makes me wonder what's going on here.

The title indicates that all the bees have gone, this is not typical for varroa.
The varroa is supposed to have arrived with robbing bees.
- But elswhere Luminos asks what to do with all the stores left behind.

This could be a typical case of CCD, colony collapse caused by neonics, with the bees gone and the stores left behind untouched.

But the thread was derailed to make it look like death through varroa.

The photos are not there anymore. Can they be linked in again, please?

and then what, stromnessbees?

which makes me wonder what's going on here.

I wouldn't. Long time ago, the early posts were likely correct using the photos, as I recall - and now you are trying to make something different of it? I think give it a rest. Stop scaremongering with what you cannot see and stick to hard evidence.

:iagree:
Thankyou, RAB.

They've missed a few:D (but as you can see no real swear words just damn good phrases). I think my two favourites would be my father's saying if a measurment was very tight - 'trwch blewyn coc 'wannen' (the thickness of a hair on a flea's......) and 'coc y gath' usually expressed after something worked a treat or fitted perfectly (the cat's c**K)

Any Irish ones, Scuttlefish? :D
(I can't ask my dad...):eek:

Any Irish ones, Scuttlefish? :D
(I can't ask my dad...):eek:

Pog mo thoin* is the only one that springs to mind, but then I'm from England originally and never had the pleasure of learning Irish.

* I'm far too polite to translate...

Is that even better than the Dogs ***locks??

Also what is that (the Dogs) in Welsh??

either Cellai'r Cŵn or cerrig y Cŵn (notice the accent on the w - very important:))

Another phrase my father loved to use if I handed him a badly sharpened chisel or someone hadn't kept the knives sharp in the shop (he had a butchery section in our shop which my mother ran when he was at work) was 'mae mwy o awch ar top yng ngoc i' which meant - there's more of an edge on the top of my c.....'

either Cellai'r Cŵn or cerrig y Cŵn (notice the accent on the w - very important:))

I have not the first clue how to pronounce that!!

Tell you what you teach me some Welsh and I'll teach you some Cockernee!!

Me old china!

(Thats "China Plate" which rhymes with "mate" :seeya:)

To be fair, I think the Scots and Irish should be included

We use some rhyming slang in work:

pony & trap
Eartha Kitt
Gipsy's Kiss
Jack and Danny :eek:
To mention but a few, and of course a good old oily rag on the afterdeck after dinner was a treat :D

Back