Advertising bees for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
QQ - If you (UK) guys have the odd colony to sell to the great unwashed, could I please learn where you have success advertising?

The specific reason I ask is that I have previously used both Gumtree and Pre-loved, but these have become a royal PITA, as the AI bots routinely reject ads with pictures of honeybees (due to policy/misclassification etc.).

I had considered here, but this is a closed shop of mainly established beekeepers who are probably not in the market for a single colony, and in our Association newsletter - where I suspect I would be selling at below market value.

Cheers

QQ - If you (UK) guys have the odd colony to sell to the great unwashed, could I please learn where you have success advertising?

The specific reason I ask is that I have previously used both Gumtree and Pre-loved, but these have become a royal PITA, as the AI bots routinely reject ads with pictures of honeybees (due to policy/misclassification etc.).

I had considered here, but this is a closed shop of mainly established beekeepers who are probably not in the market for a single colony, and in our Association newsletter - where I suspect I would be selling at below market value.

Cheers
I've never sold anything on either of those platforms but if pictures cause them grief can't you omit the pictures? If you can get them inspected prior to the Auction the usual auctions are coming up and there'll be folk looking for bees after Lincoln having a dearth.

Cheers
My local BKA.
Try here. No harm in it. You might be lucky.

My local BKA.
Try here. No harm in it. You might be lucky.
Historically, people selling the odd hive or two of bees on here have usually managed to sell them .. I think members appreciate the provenance of a known member selling the bees - let's face it you are going to get some very public stick if you are a well known forum member and sell a pile of dead bees ! People are prepared to pay and travel for good bee stock and at this time of the year, where there have been winter losses, it is a sellers market. I'd give it a go .. it's only going to cost you the subs for becoming a paid up member.

Don't forget, there are a huge number of people who lurk on here but don't post and a lot of new beekeepers come here before getting bees ... don't judge the book by its cover !

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/forums/beekeeping-classifieds-for-sale-wanted.86/

There are just short of 10,000 forum members in total and as of now on line: -

Total: 608 (members: 34, guests: 574)

- not bad for a Saturday lunchtime - look again this evening around 7.00pm tonight you may be surprised :

Last edited:
I've never sold anything on either of those platforms but if pictures cause them grief can't you omit the pictures? If you can get them inspected prior to the Auction the usual auctions are coming up and there'll be folk looking for bees after Lincoln having a dearth.
Maybe Lincoln had a dearth but I’m told West Sussex auction have getting on for twenty colonies in their catalogue this year,

Back