Wax foundation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The green is copper oxide

Never, since I was at school - and that was forty years ago!. Copper oxide is black normally. That would be the usual oxidation state of +2. Cuprous oxide would be reddish.

Copper carbonate is the usual culprit for the green colour.

You're right, I stand corrected. Verdigris.

Yeah.
You see. Every word you mentioned, include word copper. World has thousands of copper compouds. The researchers even did not know, what is that Egyptian stuff, but they got similar....

I meant elementary copper is a clue to the color, not for example iron or aluminium.

Oliver was in shool. I have 2 degrees in chemistry in university.

Last edited:
That research artickle says that similar green color, like in ancient Egypt, can be got, when copper asetate and beewax is boiled in 110C.

Asetate is a salt of asetic acid. Research says , that copper reacts with palmitic and stearine acids, which are plenty in beewax.

Another artickle says, that dark green color can be got, when you mix copper, iron and beewax.

Look at google " Greenesh color beewax"

Last edited:
If it was on the internet it must be true? :hairpull:

You are yourself in internet.
Only which is true, is your false name.

Once we had a big boss. He made reports about state of his business. Workers said that only facts in his papers were the page numbers.

Last edited:
Oliver was in shool. I have 2 degrees in chemistry in university.

Do not worry, Finsky. School came before my uni degree.

RAB (BSc.)

In fact, no one of us knows why the wax was green. But it good to debate, who knows/bets best. Climate error is on my side.

asetic acid.

Now, now, Finsky. Ethanoic acid is the correct systematic chemical name for this compound. Acetic (correct spelling) acid was the old name, and is usually used by lay people, not chemists. You should know that if you are a real chemist.

asetic acid.

Now, now, Finsky. Ethanoic acid is the correct systematic chemical name for this compound. Acetic (correct spelling) acid was the old name, and is usually used by lay people, not chemists. You should know that if you are a real chemist.

Höpö höpö.

Beta versio, of Webster dictionary says that asetate is a salt or ester of acetic acid.

Last edited:
I have 2 degrees in chemistry in university.

Ah - so that's why they made you director of public toilets for the whole of Helstinky! that and your two degrees in biology, the one in building(?)and whatever else you have

must hand out degrees like green shield stamps out there

We visited in Gardiff and we took a hotell from Hotell Street. I was in s room, where toalet and bed was in same space . There was a 2" gap to next neighbour's room. No wonder that you are so interest about smells.

Is it some kind of game out there? Wales roulette?

We visited in Gardiff and we took a hotell from Hotell Street. I was in s room, where toalet and bed was in same space . There was a 2" gap to next neighbour's room. No wonder that you are so interest about smells.

Is it some kind of game out there? Wales roulette?

you must have taken a wrong turning and ended up in the hotel foyer toilets - the two inch gap under the door should have been a clue no such postcode as WC2 in Cardiff

Latest posts

Back