Upmarket Honey packaging and labelling ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I use four or five labels,depending on my mood and where I'm selling the honey, done by Handylabels and Vistaprint.

Yes.

We created our own labels for the cathedral hives.

I use a much-modified Thornes label for my hives at home.

Dusty

I did the same as Dusty I keep bees within the Cathedral grounds so I have had labels made with the Cathedral in the background.

Ps make sure you order the correct size label for the jars to small or large is a mistake best avoided.

I make my own labels so I change them as I need to.

Thanks, looking for inspiration

What prompted the question was the " stock " labels and jars that seem quite underwhelming ! From off the shelf suppliers for our Premium Product.

Also , am in Italy on Hols presently and they seem to package and label accordingly to match the status of the product ( supermarkets aside ).

Just bought a small jar of "Lime" honey in a beautifully labelled jar, which in turn was in an individual little light cardboard box, again tastefully decorated.

The jars they use here , not always , but often seem to have the glass top shoulder section with a honeycomb pattern which is a nice touch also

Avery have a free download called 'Design Pro 5' that enables you to design and print onto their sheets of labels.

That's what I do.

As it is a premium product, does anyone go the extra yard and uniquely label their jarsc?

Also alternative jar designs ?

Mine have the same font and design, but different colours and rubric on verso:

View attachment 10591

"A glorious London flower honey from rooftop bees".

View attachment 10592

"A bright coastal honey gathered between the woods and the water".

Keeping it local.....

View attachment 10591

View attachment 10592

Keeping it local.....

That's a very classy and clean bit of design. Presumably you have another label on another side with all the legal stuff.

Do you find that, by going the extra mile with the design of the labels and presentation, you command a premium price for the product?

CVB

Yes indeed CVB,

You are right about the labels on the reverse. I am just sensitive about disclosing address details etc on the forum.

I sell all the Bermondsey Street Honey on Bermondsey Street, and it sells out at a premium price within days. It doesn't hurt that this honey has won top prize in its category at National and London shows, and top packaging prize in London show. (Thanks for the design, Mrs djg !)

This is the first year with the Suffolk Honey, but I guess that the same holds true (local product = decent premium). Probably from a lower price point, though....

I'm getting personalised labels this year. My daughter's boyfriend, a landscape architect, has forgiven the bees for putting him in hospital, and is doing the graphics (I've asked for something simple and basic) and they're to be printed by a Leeds based charity called "Paperworks", which is set up to offer training and work experience to adults with learning, physical and mental health disabilities. They've given a very competetive price too. Check them out if you need printing.

View attachment 10591

Keeping it local.....

That's a great look!
:)

Him indoors says "what's a premium price"

Last edited:

View attachment 10591

View attachment 10592

Keeping it local.....

Top class design, congratulations - where do you source your jars from?

As it is a premium product, does anyone go the extra yard and uniquely label their jarsc?

Also alternative jar designs ?

Me, too. You can see mine here, Brian. Really not that dearer than the not so nice ones Thornes do and people really love them.

Actually you can't as URL blocked. But you can see them at sevekingsapiaryDOTorg/buy-local-honey if you want to see something different.

They are digitally printed so each jar has its own 'batch' number and I record which honey goes into which series of jars.

Last edited:
Me, too. You can see mine here, Brian. Really not that dearer than the not so nice ones Thornes do and people really love them.

Actually you can't as URL blocked. But you can see them at sevekingsapiaryDOTorg/buy-local-honey if you want to see something different.

They are digitally printed so each jar has its own 'batch' number and I record which honey goes into which series of jars.

There's an N missing from your URL.

Latest posts

Back