The truth behind fondants

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference in price between the cheapest bakers fondant and a proprietory product produced specifically for feeding honeybees is insignificant.
If something is amis after using a propietory product you have some recourse to the maufacturer.
nuff said I think !

Plus it's in nice convenient packages for feeding, no faffing or messing about !

Last edited:
If something is amis after using a propietory product you have some recourse to the maufacturer.

"Dear ApiFonda, my bees didn't survive winter. I am sure it was your fondant"

Good luck with that :laughing-smiley-004

The difference in price between the cheapest bakers fondant and a proprietory product produced specifically for feeding honeybees is insignificant.

Really?

Chocofalls Baker's Fondant £10.30/12.5kg (many other suppliers at similar price)
Paynes Apifonda £24/12.5kg
Bee Equipment HoneyBee Pro £26/14kg
Northern Bees Ambrosia Beefondant £23/12.5kg
Thornes ... lol .... I won't even quote it

These differences don't seen insignificant to me (certainly fairly significant for the profit margins of the manufacturers and retailers .....)

Can you point us to better "bee fondant" prices?

nuff said I think !

Plus it's in nice convenient packages for feeding, no faffing or messing about !

I’ve founds Belgosuc fondant for £10.30 per 12.5kg from Chocolate Falls and Fondabee from a beekeeping supplier for £26.46

I’ve founds Belgosuc fondant for £10.30 per 12.5kg from Chocolate Falls and Fondabee from a beekeeping supplier for £26.46
£16.16 difference in price .... insignificant when you consider that you hace to cut the Belgosuc up into convenient sliced slabs ... (I seem to have lost my emoticons .... painful condition - but RFOL RFOL RFOL...!!)

Yes, Fondabee fondant 12.5kg box (5x2.5kg packs) @ £14.50 per box delivered

You can take the piss all you like, it's a fact !

I said what I could buy it for, you can buy smaller quantities from them, you just need to ask.
You didn't quote volumes either.

Gods sake Boston. Beat me to it again. This is what our association get by the pallet. I’ve asked what they were charged.
don't you believe me Dani ?

It's irrelevant.

Comparing the bulk-purchase price of one product to the retail price of a different product is meaningless.
Oh dear.... no need to get uppity.
Some beekeepers may have MORE colonies than you, so my comments are completely relevent. Just not to you obviously.

Come on Sipa, that is still 75% more than I paid for bakers fondant this year and I'm not a "big boy" beekeeping wise. I call 75% significant.

Bako fondant sells at around £8.00 a box - a lot cheaper than Wyefield and they will sell a lot smaller quantity than a pallet full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back