Feeding Bees – Why? When? Where? How?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the comment about Bill fell on stoney ground. We used to have a member called Eltalia who posted in a very similar fashion.
In what way are the posts in a remotely similar fashion?
Other than both being Australian?
One posts his views in a very literal, matter-of-fact way, the other struggled to write complete sentences with any semblance of a grasp of English.

People don't have to agree with UB's opinions; after all, nearly everything on the forum is opinion anyway.

One posts his views in a very literal, matter-of-fact way, the other struggled to write complete sentences with any semblance of a grasp of English.
And yet, the 'other' in another of his manifestations wrote perfectly correct and comprehensible English (albeit most of what was said was rubbish) It's what these people do - it's all smoke and mirrors aimed to deceive.

after all, nearly everything on the forum is opinion anyway.

You mean that no one has beekeeping knowledge, only opinions...

If I say the I got average yield from hives 100 kg/ hive, it is only an opinion. Or I say that sun is shining, and it is only an opinion.

Sad to see reasonably useful threads on this forum devolve into sniping and cat calling.

Has anyone read what Brother Adam had to say about fall feeding? He said that it is always best to feed enough to get through to spring and then spring feed to build up the bees. His reasons why are interesting.

You mean that no one has beekeeping knowledge, only opinions...

If I say the I got average yield from hives 100 kg/ hive, it is only an opinion. Or I say that sun is shining, and it is only an opinion.

......you are wrong, the sun is not shining.
If the truth is that you got average of 100kg/hive (honey?), that comes under the "almost nothing" that isn't opinion.

Sad to see reasonably useful threads on this forum devolve into sniping and cat calling.

Has anyone read what Brother Adam had to say about fall feeding? He said that it is always best to feed enough to get through to spring and then spring feed to build up the bees. His reasons why are interesting.

I agree and regret my part in that. But there is a small number of people who seem to take pleasure in interrupting and contradicting any point of debate in a very smug, condescending and calculated way; it obviously gives them some pleasure. The true troll is not the originator of this thread.

Last edited:

My my ... this thread is bringing them out of the woodwork ... been awhile Fusion Power - been busy ?

I'll just stick to leaving the bees enough honey to begin with and avoid all the controversy! :ROFLMAO:

May I say thank you to those forum members who have responded positively to my postings in this “discussion” thread.

To those who have not agreed with what I have said, please read my posts again, to see what I have actually said, rather than some misconstrued or twisted interpretation of what I have said.

Despite the way in which some people have responded here, by using selective partial quotes, I have not intended to suggest the superiority of one form or other of using sugar as the base ingredient of food for bees. I have said that I think that fondant and sugar-cakes may be similar in usefulness to bees. I have said that in my opinion sugar-cakes may have more advantages – I did not give any greater recommendation than that. Permit me to acknowledge that syrup is also a helpful form of sugar feeding, but not (as far as I have discovered) in the depths of winter.

I have found Richard Noel’s Youtube video (posting #61) most interesting. He is obviously very involved in beekeeping. His beekeeping venture is many times greater than mine will ever be. It appears that he is a knowledgeable and experienced beekeeper, and knows what he is talking about.

The climate which is experienced by any particular beekeeper depends so much on the location where they live. Whether you live in Brittany, Australia, within the various regions of the UK, or wherever else you live, your climate will influence the way in which your bees will prosper.

The methods which Dani has used (posting #23), and which Richard Noel used (as referenced in posting #61) have significant elements in common with the method I described in my posting #1. If there is so much opposition to the methods which I have found to be helpful here in Australia, I wonder why there is no similar outcry against Dani’s advice, or against Richard Noel. I wish Richard Noel well in his efforts in his care for his bees, and I have been able to observe how well my bees are using the sugar cakes which I have provided for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back