The truth behind fondants

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying who should buy what product at what price in what volume. Just wanted to offer another perspective.
If anyone wants to muck about chopping blocks of bakers fondant into usable slabs and bagging it up for use to save a few quid, then be my guest.

Out.

Side by side comparison of candipoll gold v ultra bee in the same hive at the same time across 4 hives my bees went for the candy,
If the blurb is to be believed it is like offering your kids a choice between ice cream or sprouts.

Side by side comparison of candipoll gold v ultra bee in the same hive at the same time across 4 hives my bees went for the candy,
If the blurb is to be believed it is like offering your kids a choice between ice cream or sprouts.
With respect, Candipolline is coloured fondant. Ultrabee is pollen substitute. Not the same thing at all.

Can you point us to better "bee fondant" prices?

Yes, Fondabee fondant 12.5kg box (5x2.5kg packs) @ £14.50 per box delivered

Only if you buy 42 or more, buy 14 and it goes up to £16.00 and fewer than 14 incurs delivery charges

Says it all...."the sample size in their testes was small". ;) :ROFLMAO:

(Very useful information by the way) (y)

LOL.....yes...made a Bo***ks of a typo.

Also made one error...hope nobody is reaching for their calculators. Silly error...the £8.10 per box fondant was for 12.5 Kg boxes. 80 per pallet = 1 tonnes. With sugar prices rising and transport to Scotland cost spiralling we would be looking at at least £1.00 a box more now...could be even more, as I do not have current quotes from the vendors we use.. For now we do not need any...its only for the very late home from the moors we use it...try to get syrup into all but not always possible..

@Patrick1 - you gave me a good chuckle today. On the one hand you are advocating we only use regulated feed products. And then I log into Facebook and see an advert from you punting "Hive Xcel, a hive health aid made from a carbon dioxide extract derived from hops" which "Stimulates Hygienic Behaviour". The lady in the advert claims it helps with varroa (despite not being authorised for this usage in the UK), chalk brood, and (bizarrely) pollen that hasn't been cleaned out of cells properly ....

Is there anything it doesn't do?

(The best bit was when she called it Hopguard by mistake)

Last edited:
I'm not saying who should buy what product at what price in what volume. Just wanted to offer another perspective.
If anyone wants to muck about chopping blocks of bakers fondant into usable slabs and bagging it up for use to save a few quid, then be my guest.

Out.
The price difference between bakers fondant and api-fondants for mere mortals buying from main suppliers is huge. A strong right arm decent knife a roll of cling film and a few minutes is all that’s required. Even most bee farmers I know wouldn’t sniff at saving a few hundred £ in the middle of winter!

What about ultrabee paties, full of corn starch and palm oil? I once stated from experience that my bees would rather starve than eat it. You told me that your bees loved it!!
Come on tell us did you really feed ultra bee expecting it to prevent starvation or have I got the wrong end of the stick!

The wrong end of the stick, read the quote included in the post.
P.s. if Patrick wants to send me a lecture...remember we breed bees and eat bread.
Oops I'm being drawn into the exact pettiness I dislike. Sorry all.

Come on tell us did you really feed ultra bee expecting it to prevent starvation or have I got the wrong end of the stick!
I haven’t fed it to prevent starvation but based on videos of making diy ultra bee patTies useing dry ultra bee Sub its ultra bee is 50% syrup.
expensive but if you haven’t got any sugar in the cupboard I’m guessing even Peter’s bees would take it

I once stated from experience that my bees would rather starve than eat it. Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back