The Co.op kicked us off ...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ade'sBee's

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Had to move hives today as the fruit farm where we had our bees was bought out by the Co.op and they said very bluntly " move them off our land!!!" Nice company bee-smillie

Shop at ASDA from now on

That's not very co-operative! (boogers!) Shop at ASDA from now on

Had to move hives today as the fruit farm where we had our bees was bought out by the Co.op and they said very bluntly " move them off our land!!!" Nice company bee-smillie
Get the local press involved .It just may result in their bubble being burst and their environmental credentials being tarnished :seeya:

John Wilkinson

Did they give you any notice for moving your bees? As in you have 1 month to move them?

Was told by farm manager who wasnt sure how his job was in all this end of last year but it became quite blunt what they wanted ....wouldnt want them there anyway now

So you did have time to move them not just a case of move them now.

Not being picky but from the original post it sounded as though you had to move them instantly but that was not the case. Just trying to clarify as in these cases the answers can then be given for the right circumstances.

That's really not the point craig, surely it's enough that the co'op are seen to be un-bee friendly.......must admit I'm surprised by this.

That's really not the point craig, surely it's enough that the co'op are seen to be un-bee friendly.......must admit I'm surprised by this.

Thank u ....when we were told isnt really here nor there ,the point is were told to get off..we said would move when found new site

Last edited:
I am NOT saying I agree with what the co-op have done. Simply that there is a big difference in legal terms being given notice to move, them rather than move them now. If it was a bit clearer in the first post then the advice given by others would be more appropriate.

I am NOT saying I agree with what the co-op have done. Simply that there is a big difference in legal terms being given notice to move, them rather than move them now. If it was a bit clearer in the first post then the advice given by others would be more appropriate.

Seems clear to me, that is how it was said...anyway bored now:sifone:

Definately a story for the press.
The co-op use their Bee friendly image to sell products,
and some people buy from them because of it (my Aunt does).
Name and Shame

Can I have a word with someone for you- know some who are working to help bees- in the Co-op. They may be very surprised...
Where is this site you had to leave?.
The Co-op are the best at helping bees and bee-keepers. What they sell, how it is grown, how they can help finance projects...

the coop have many estates and are very keen to have lots of bees as they plant up borage etc on local estate, they have a guy who runs hundreds of hives on coop estate in leicester

Tell Ainsley Harriott . He has a program on TV some time this week promoting honey.

Co-op will probably build a store there and then sell it to Tesco...

Latest posts

Back