Sure fire sellers?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all - you all have great imaginations and more experience than me for sure. ;) Love the idea of a QR code - and the site was so simple thank-you! Not going with cosmetics...maybe when we move and I have time - and hopefully money. Seems odd when you think it would be all natural/edible products - but big brother is alive and well.

Enrico - tried the link and no - it didn't work...but Google gave me the original link that did work Ta! We only have a 6x2 table and no more room so the suit and extractor will have to stay at home...but our back-drop does show a suit at work etc...

Thanks all - you all have great imaginations and more experience than me for sure. ;) Love the idea of a QR code - and the site was so simple thank-you! Not going with cosmetics...maybe when we move and I have time - and hopefully money. Seems odd when you think it would be all natural/edible products - but big brother is alive and well.

Enrico - tried the link and no - it didn't work...but Google gave me the original link that did work Ta! We only have a 6x2 table and no more room so the suit and extractor will have to stay at home...but our back-drop does show a suit at work etc...

Let me know how you get on, Queens.

I've been putting a qr code onto sample jars as too small for meaningful labels. Just has qr and website address.

Best advice take what you have and have fun

:iagree:

Sometimes its useful to have some "under the counter" products as well.
Raw propolis, wet cappings, unfiltered honey and rock hard honey from years gone by are all asked for occasionally, and it does no harm to pass them on to a grateful home but its not something you want the average punter or weights and measures to see on the display.

I have tried cut comb for the first time and I must say it looks wonderful. I just hope somebody buys it.
The "offcuts" are in chunk honey and that looks good too :)
I made about 20 tea lights then though perhaps I should try one...ooooops
went out.....so had to trial various wicks and start again.
They look good too. I'm sure they will go better than polish ....who polishes furniture these days?

I have tried cut comb for the first time and I must say it looks wonderful. I just hope somebody buys it.
They look good too. I'm sure they will go better than polish ....who polishes furniture these days?

Anyone with antique furniture will want genuine beeswax polish, not usually found in the supermarket so may go well at a fair or craft fair. How do I know I have some antique furniture.

We do too....it's husband's really.......(me? I dream of minimalist heaven....sigh!)
He looks after it after he found me cleaning round with a wet dishcloth and the tin of polish I made him 3 years ago is still going strong!

I shudder to think what this would burn like!
I'll mark"for decorative purposes" :D

zemanudu.jpg

VM

They look good too. I'm sure they will go better than polish ....who polishes furniture these days?[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, polish does sell quite well, there's a lot of leather goods out there.
Equestrian, bikers and one or two others that might get me banned.

Hah! Like it Russel! Did you look up our village on the internet? Been famous twice...once in the 70s for the most 'active wife-swopping' community...Didn't live here then..and then in the early 00s for the highest age population still married...and yes we did live here then...;)

Hah! Like it Russel! Did you look up our village on the internet? Been famous twice...once in the 70s for the most 'active wife-swopping' community...Didn't live here then..and then in the early 00s for the highest age population still married...and yes we did live here then...;)

Do I detect a hint of disappointment? What will him in doors think?

Smallish jars of Honey Mustard sell well......also Honey Marmalade.

One of our members put together a collection of recipes using honey, printed them off and stapled them together with a coloured cover front and back. They all sold @ £1.50 each.

Good luck
J

Did my first craft fair stall today selling summer crop honey in 12oz hex and candles rolled from foundation,sold 50 honey @£5 a pop and 15 candles at £3 a go.Had some honey open for tasting samples but got swamped by flippin wasps so had to knock that idea on the head,was thinking of maybe some jossticks next time to deter the wasps-any idea if this would work?

Pretty pleased with the day overall but it certainly took some planning and outlay to get started!

there's a photo here- u need to right click and open in new tab to see it because i suck at computer stuff and can't figure out any other way to do it-sorry.

photo.php

Last edited:
This thread gets better every time I look! in the end we had to cancel the stall today, as my hospital visit left me with an infection and orders of no lifting, carrying, tiring stuff and a raging temperature of 101.5 - so re-booked for September 28th instead. So I have a whole month to work my way through this thread and try all sorts of bits. Like the cook-book idea, did one for my Church a few years back and still have the templates somewhere...

This is excellent thanks. Am doing a beekeeping evening for each section of our scout group so will use this as well as props.

Dear All,

Today as I did the Community Market - we had torrential rain which lasted for 2.5 of the 4 hours (with thunder) we had at the market!!

BUT Cliff took just short of £90! Honey was the best seller, polish & cookbooks equal 2nd and candles 3rd...

Really pleased, so can go forward to the October/November market...and celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary next week far better than we could have otherwise...Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread...:D

Dear All,

Today as I did the Community Market - we had torrential rain which lasted for 2.5 of the 4 hours (with thunder) we had at the market!!

BUT Cliff took just short of £90! Honey was the best seller, polish & cookbooks equal 2nd and candles 3rd...

Really pleased, so can go forward to the October/November market...and celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary next week far better than we could have otherwise...Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread...:D

Well done. Best of luck, Queens.

Queens how did the course at Buckfast go? My wife was there an picked up loads uf usefull info and had a great time. Listening to her now I think she has aspirations to become the next Anita Roddick!

Good for you.
I sold all the honey I took at a town fair, but the weather was good.
The cut comb flew and I should have brought more.
Have a go at cut comb next year,Queens...it's really worth it

Erichalfbee - Yes, now I have an outlet at the market I will have a go - did some a few years ago, and it looked great - but had no way to sell it, so we had it ourselves (which was wasted)...

IBEEHERE - Yes - Clare's courses are always great, and she made it seem sooo easy - until I tried to make Comfrey oil....and my 'slow' cooker fried the comfrey before it had a chance to do anything - and the whole bungalow smelt like a chippy!! Wouldn't mind, but it was all the comfrey I had...Hey ho! Good luck with Bodyshop 2?!

Was it your wife who was stung by the wasp?? :(

Latest posts

Back