Show stand...any tips?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now up to £75.45 that makes it 75p a jar, standard hex is circa even after last price rises 42p, so on 500 jars that is over £150 of lost profit. Sorry too expensive for me but do like them.
Guess it depends whether you can get away with asking an extra 50p/jar if you’ve got nice jars and better presentation…might not work commercially but possibly would on a show stand

Our association bought in bulk which meant 12oz hex jars worked out at about 36p each. Worth looking into.

Our association bought in bulk which meant 12oz hex jars worked out at about 36p each. Worth looking into.
Unfortunately most beeks at both my associations are stuck on 1lb jars!

There is a possibility that I might be able to have a stand at a Christmas Fayre. What sort of quantity of honey, candles etc should I take? Thought about doing small sets of honey with candles too. I have never done anything like this and given that ‘end of the driveway’ sales have slowed I thought it seemed a good idea?!

Reactions: Kaz
There is a possibility that I might be able to have a stand at a Christmas Fayre. What sort of quantity of honey, candles etc should I take? Thought about doing small sets of honey with candles too. I have never done anything like this and given that ‘end of the driveway’ sales have slowed I thought it seemed a good idea?!
If you live somewhere well off then I’d take lots.
You can always take it home
I sort Christmas fairs out first and the left over candles go in the gift boxes for friends and family

If you live somewhere well off then I’d take lots.
You can always take it home
I sort Christmas fairs out first and the left over candles go in the gift boxes for friends and family
Ok thanks. Yes, it’s a well off village and area. Not my village but where I work.

I built this stand in about 4 hours, and later whitewashed it. The shelves come out and it folds flat. It looks a little like a Christmas tree! But I’ll use it all year. The vertical braces are 6’ and hinged together. Then you can put as many shelves as you want. 9EA8B44B-0CBD-443C-B42B-651792F2DEA3.jpeg

I built this stand in about 4 hours, and later whitewashed it. The shelves come out and it folds flat. It looks a little like a Christmas tree! But I’ll use it all year. The vertical braces are 6’ and hinged together. Then you can put as many shelves as you want. View attachment 34354
Are the shelves just resting on there? If so I'd glue 4 dowels (or similar) under each shelf, one either side of each support.
That would lock everything together so the shelves can't slide and the A-frame can't do the splits, but the shelves would still come out after being lifted slightly.

Are the shelves just resting on there? If so I'd glue 4 dowels (or similar) under each shelf, one either side of each support.
That would lock everything together so the shelves can't slide and the A-frame can't do the splits, but the shelves would still come out after being lifted slightly.

I was thinking just the same.

James

One of those wooden honey dippers with each jar can be used to disguise / bump up the price of a jar, tie it on with a bit of ribbon or tinsel. You should be able to buy them in bulk.

I’m doing these for my first fair in December….. drizzlers from Thornes and got a trade account at Sass & Belle for the felt Bees. Biodegradable bag, bit of raffia ribbon & a small tag.
F4CA325F-A30A-40E0-95EF-B094569C8A2B.jpeg

I’m doing these for my first fair in December….. drizzlers from Thornes and got a trade account at Sass & Belle for the felt Bees. Biodegradable bag, bit of raffia ribbon & a small tag.
View attachment 34364
How do you get the trade account? Just by asking? The other thing I’m finding tricky is knowing what to price things at. Thanks, Emily

How do you get the trade account? Just by asking? The other thing I’m finding tricky is knowing what to price things at. Thanks, Emily
Just found their trade site and set myself up! Only problem is the minimum order quantities but I split it with another beekeeper. I worked out an average retail price if you bought the items on their own and added a bit for packaging if that helps. Marina

Did my first stall today at a local village Christmas fair. It went really well. Folk seem to prefer pick and mixing individual items rather than the gift boxes. The card reader was brilliant as most wanted to pay by card. Made lots of contacts. Totally exhausted but would definitely do it again!

Attachments

• D938AD4D-BDD4-4F16-80D5-53CD7FE1FF61.jpeg
    D938AD4D-BDD4-4F16-80D5-53CD7FE1FF61.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 625261E8-3472-4B0A-A608-32FFD6BB4AB0.jpeg
    625261E8-3472-4B0A-A608-32FFD6BB4AB0.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 62D113FC-66A6-4E0B-9867-6E107DCFC14B.jpeg
    62D113FC-66A6-4E0B-9867-6E107DCFC14B.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • C2D2CB02-C75C-44A6-9922-78D6AF04C206.jpeg
    C2D2CB02-C75C-44A6-9922-78D6AF04C206.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Google Sass & Belle trade. They don’t seem to mind who you are but there is a minimum spend.

Latest posts

Back