Show stand...any tips?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it was a long day for them but the girls done good!

After too much rum on Sunday a mad idea got dragged into Monday, and the offer of a stand on Tuesday meant 2 days of panic that has left Victoria and Nichola shattered but they had a great day doing it.

There were many great ides and advice from the forum, I hope some of you can see your suggestions in place and with a bit more time there would have been many more.

Here's the stand...that had many of the other exhibitors asking where the gazebo was...gazebo, what gazebo? Luckily the weather was kind, the wasps not too bothersome and other stallholders friendly.

They took 100 jars, (20 set osr and 80 runny) a few candles and wax blocks and smoker/jacket/hive parts to fill the stand. Very happy with a lot of positive comments on taste and labelling, the set sold out quickly and would have sold more if there had been time to jar and label any. The runny didn't sell out, but the day went well, and they came back with £470 👍

Some post show thoughts...
We winged it and it worked, but if we did it again it would be with the sort of effort and thought that elainemary and Gregior have put in, wider range and an element of bee and pollination promotion.
Many punters asked for a card/contact details, so if theres a next time there will be flyers or cards with contact info for direct sales.
Take more set honey. It's my preferred type as it stays on toast, but so many people ask for runny I may have underestimated how popular the set stuff is.
Get a gazebo.
Drink less rum.

Thanks to all for helping make it a success.

Attachments

• 1663879382530_IMG-20220922-WA0001.jpg
    1663879382530_IMG-20220922-WA0001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220922_214336.jpg
    20220922_214336.jpg
    614.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 1663879383536_IMG-20220922-WA0004.jpg
    1663879383536_IMG-20220922-WA0004.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1

After too much rum on Sunday a mad idea got dragged into Monday, and the offer of a stand on Tuesday meant 2 days of panic that has left Victoria and Nichola shattered but they had a great day doing it.

There were many great ides and advice from the forum, I hope some of you can see your suggestions in place and with a bit more time there would have been many more.

Here's the stand...that had many of the other exhibitors asking where the gazebo was...gazebo, what gazebo? Luckily the weather was kind, the wasps not too bothersome and other stallholders friendly.

They took 100 jars, (20 set osr and 80 runny) a few candles and wax blocks and smoker/jacket/hive parts to fill the stand. Very happy with a lot of positive comments on taste and labelling, the set sold out quickly and would have sold more if there had been time to jar and label any. The runny didn't sell out, but the day went well, and they came back with £470 👍

Some post show thoughts...
We winged it and it worked, but if we did it again it would be with the sort of effort and thought that elainemary and Gregior have put in, wider range and an element of bee and pollination promotion.
Many punters asked for a card/contact details, so if theres a next time there will be flyers or cards with contact info for direct sales.
Take more set honey. It's my preferred type as it stays on toast, but so many people ask for runny I may have underestimated how popular the set stuff is.
Get a gazebo.
Drink less rum.

Thanks to all for helping make it a success.
I love your labels!

Lovely. I do like the square jars. I had some a while back.
I find set honey always does better.
I always do some jam with honey too. Some people don't like honey but will buy jam. I took 50 jars to Conwy honey fair and sold the lot. Could have sold more. Folk who bought one jar came back for more.

I love your labels!

😁
I'm constantly tweaking it but credit for the design of those goes to wife, I might swap out the yellow for gold and see what that looks like, but they didn't cost much more than you'd pay for the 1950s design you get from the usual places. Top tip, picked up on this forum, go with "Best before see end" so they never go out of date.

Attachments

• 20220923_212623.jpg
    20220923_212623.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 3
People seem to think they are pretty, and like square buckets, makes space-saving sense.

And jam...oh my word...we have cupboards full of homemade cherry/strawberry/plum...you're right, should have taken some. Next time!
Nice display and your jars look good as well ....

😁
I'm constantly tweaking it but credit for the design of those goes to wife, I might swap out the yellow for gold and see what that looks like, but they didn't cost much more than you'd pay for the 1950s design you get from the usual places. Top tip, picked up on this forum, go with "Best before see end" so they never go out of date.
It really looks good, especially with the black lid and strap! (what program do you use to design them?)

What size jar is that?

😁
Did you print them yourself?

It really looks good, especially with the black lid and strap! (what program do you use to design them?)

What size jar is that?
Mostly an ancient version of photoshop, but it's been adjusted in an assortment of things including MS Paint.

Jars are 293ml from Wares of Knutsford, they had a deal on for 100 with lids and free delivery for £59 that is still available.

Did you print them yourself?
Used stickythings.co.uk for printing, they have a basic label builder or upload your own file.
Think it starts at 15p/label for 100, drops off the bigger the run to 9p/label for 1000 waterproof matt vinyl. I hadn't used them before but print quality is excellent.

Jars are 293ml from Wares of Knutsford, they had a deal on for 100 with lids and free delivery for £59 that is still available.
Can’t find this deal…perhaps I’ve missed it

Now up to £75.45 that makes it 75p a jar, standard hex is circa even after last price rises 42p, so on 500 jars that is over £150 of lost profit. Sorry too expensive for me but do like them.

Latest posts

Back