Raw honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can't and is blatant twaddle: if it is just bee honey then adding vitamins contradicts the title.
If you look at the label it says
Vitamin and below Honey which is not the same as putting Honey with vitamins. It seems silly but the legal services would have done their job (and charged a million dollars).

look at the label
Which one? The Just Bee Honey is described as Original Vitamin Honey and lower down as high quality honey. Both original and high quality are meaningless filler, as is supercharged with nutrients (Amherst Villiers will be growling in his grave).

In total, this Just Honey is a food that is raw, natural, pure, original, high quality, and supercharged. The producer ought to be either ashamed of such frantic, lightweight blether, or applauded for a precise understanding of their market and consumer: the frantic lightweight who is seduced easily by an avalanche of pointless patter, and who probably uses the word amazing far too often.

No just the first line
No. Be reasonable. The whole kit and caboodle.;)
Proper Honey
Proper Bees
Proper Beekeeper
Biodynamic
Raw
Pure
Unfiltered
Organically produced
Unheated
Post brood
Virgin comb
Natural comb
Cold extracted
Wild harvested
Pristine single source
Wild floral landscape honey
Micro batched
Non homogenized
Sustainably produced
Bespoke
Artisan
Pot Set

I must have left heaps out.
My labels will need enlarging..:eek:

I set my st1000 stat to 37c for the initial warming of a tub , if I find it doesn't liquify then it goes up to 39c . 42c is only used on stubborn Glucose honies that remain unclear but runny. If it remains still unclear then it gets jarred and sold whenset at set honey.
I don't over filter and only use the coarse filter from the two piece kit to remove larger wax and any other bits that may be in honey during the extraction.
Maybe a good reason to name your house "proper"
Proper Honey made by Proper Welsh Bees.............has a good ring to it.
Good idea, just putting up a sign on one of my apiary gates. “Raw Apiary”

When my dad was sent down the road as a boy in the UK to get honey from the beekeeper in the stone house, I can imagine it was in a previously used tin or perhaps a recycled jar of some sort... and completely unlabelled. There would have been no concern that it wasn't honey. No need to say anything at all on the jar. What's happened to us?

"argued that their honey was not heated above its natural temperature"

I wonder what temperature they count that as?....
What is the practice in the UK in preparing honey for sale? Is it unadulterated? Filtered? ???

What is the practice in the UK in preparing honey for sale? Is it unadulterated? Filtered? ???
I’m a hobby beekeeper with only a few hives. Honey gets extracted and put through a coarse sieve to remove wax and bits of bee then jarred for immediate sale.
What isn’t put into jars straightaway gets put into buckets for storage. It crystallises solid and has to be warmed to around 40C to melt it before it’s bottled.

Latest posts

Back