Jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A jar is a jar. It’s whats inside that matters. A pretty label will sell it
I get mine from c Wynne Jones

whilst on the subject does anyone know who the big supplier are who do largeish quantities (1 pallet) factory clean with lids already on?

whilst on the subject does anyone know who the big supplier are who do largeish quantities (1 pallet) factory clean with lids already on?

We use Spinks Compak. But they don't come with lids already on you need to buy those separate.

Patterson’s here. During a sale

Cwynejones for me... Choice of lids too

They are quite expensive. Compaq do same sized 12 oz hex jars at £17 for case of 84...Jones are nearly 23 quid....and lids are more expensive 7p each on a 1000 order....compaq are 4.5p /lid.
Thye do have a minimum order of over £100's worth of jars....plus delivery (or pick up from their Leeds depot). Or order a lot more and get free delivery.

So may not be everyone's choice because of the amounts.
You can however get them at a slightly lower price and smaller amounts by visiting Claro Bees in Harrogate where they stock them-£22.50 per case but they discount you 10% if you purchase a full case. For a supposed non profit making organisation they seem to have quite a mark up.

They are quite expensive. Compaq do same sized 12 oz hex jars at £17 for case of 84...Jones are nearly 23 quid....and lids are more expensive 7p each on a 1000 order....compaq are 4.5p /lid.
Thye do have a minimum order of over £100's worth of jars....plus delivery (or pick up from their Leeds depot). Or order a lot more and get free delivery.

So may not be everyone's choice because of the amounts.
You can however get them at a slightly lower price and smaller amounts by visiting Claro Bees in Harrogate where they stock them-£22.50 per case but they discount you 10% if you purchase a full case. For a supposed non profit making organisation they seem to have quite a mark up.

The £22.50 is the discount price for a box of 84. That works out at 27p a jar. The lids come in 100s, at £6, or 6p a lid.

Just checked compak they are dearer
Not sure how you manged to do that as their main Leeds based company web site hasn't any prices listed. You need to call
0113 235 0662 and ask for Emma to get a quote from them. Old fashioned firm that takes cheques or cash on delivery.

If you collect from them its a minimum spend of £150....if you want free delivery its a minimum spend of £300. As I said it won't suit everyone because of the minimum quantities but these are the best prices we can find.

PS You get a 10% discount by quoting them your BBKA membership number.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back