Jars and Buckets

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Hi all

I’m in need of jars and buckets and I’m sure I have read some one here buys there’s shrink wrapped sterile? If so can you point me in the right direction please.

Buckets is basically, where the cheapest for about 20 or so ?
Thank you

Simon the beekeeper used to be the go to for buckets.
Now, I think Gwenyn Gruffudd does a good price on them.
Why do you need sterile jars?
Just go wherever gives the best price for boxes of factory clean jars.

Simon the beekeeper used to be the go to for buckets.
Now, I think Gwenyn Gruffudd does a good price on them.
Why do you need sterile jars?
Just go wherever gives the best price for boxes of factory clean jars.
Basically it would save me time. I’m up to my neck in it right now😅
I’m increasing my stock as well as teaching someone the basics and running my own business.. not enough hours in the day!!
Thanks for info on Buckets

Hi all

I’m in need of jars and buckets and I’m sure I have read some one here buys there’s shrink wrapped sterile? If so can you point me in the right direction please.

Buckets is basically, where the cheapest for about 20 or so ?
Thank you
Why not buy 50 buckets ?
Bulk orders are a little cheaper.

you'd save time by not wasting it unnecessarily sterilising jars. You're not making jam!
I don’t wash the jars but I do heat them up. It’s also easier to store wrapped jars for me. They would stay clean easier.

I have used 40lb buckets. Can you give more details on the 50lb and bulk prices would help if possible please
Cheers
I use 30lb buckets but buy them in 50s @jenkinsbrynmair has given you a supplier i can’t remember where last year 50lb buckets you must be 💪

Thanks all for the Bucket list 🤣
Anyone have links for the Jars please. I am considering bulk sales in the future so the big bucket would be on pallets.

Thanks all for the Bucket list 🤣
Anyone have links for the Jars please. I am considering bulk sales in the future so the big bucket would be on pallets.
Freeman and Harding - they come sealed in plastic, with the lids on. Excellent service too. Also a BBKA discount is available.

Freeman and Harding - they come sealed in plastic, with the lids on. Excellent service too. Also a BBKA discount is available.
Thank you, I will take a look

Are you a member of a local BKA?
Someone at ours buys the 30lb buckets in bulk and we get them @£2
Unfortunately I’m not a member of our local BKA
But thanks

I put my jars through the dishwasher about 80 at a time - I'm less worried about sterility than the chance of small shards of glass.
I agree, I found a jar with a broken corner once. My dishwasher does a box at a time.

Latest posts

Back