Honey set in Bucket - options please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thares something on old castle farms hives .might do what you want ..silicone bucket heater

That's where we do the weekly shop so that should give us a chance... also, as a local... how did you let that typo get through haha
Oh God! I am always getting pulled up on that. Pity they couldn't spell it right in the first place 😃

• Haha
Reactions: Niv
That does look a fairly simple affair and the fact you can have all the buckets at virtually ground level is also appealing. Im wondering has anyone tried making anything like this using bathroom/kitchen underfloor wiring as the heater elements installed in a PIR lined ply box?

That does look a fairly simple affair and the fact you can have all the buckets at virtually ground level is also appealing. Im wondering has anyone tried making anything like this using bathroom/kitchen underfloor wiring as the heater elements installed in a PIR lined ply box?

I've done it with a 40W greenhouse tube heater. Works nicely. I'm fairly sure other people have done it with heater cables for plant propagation beds or for egg incubators too. I used 50mm PIR for mine.

It may be useful to make the box width and depth a multiple of the size of a super, so they can be stacked on top and warmed at extraction time, though I made a 20mm thick "collar" for mine so the supers wouldn't stick to the top edges of the PIR and damage it.

James

Some BKA's have money to burn. Like JBM, mine is an old fridge. Very versatile and still giving good service after10+ years

I've tried most of these methods and the Jam maker that can't make jam is by far the most convenient. Just the right size for honey buckets and light and small enough to store away easily.

I have also used it for making syrup

I remember when my father and Godfather were working on a carpentry job together (I was the gopher) and having to call in the mortuary on the way home to collect a 'client' (I had to sit on the floor in the back of the car with the coffin - I was not allowed to sit on it!) my father was a bit peturbed that when the mortuary attendant opened the fridge, next to the body was a packet of sandwiches and a pint of milk for his tea!!

I remember when my father and Godfather were working on a carpentry job together (I was the gopher) and having to call in the mortuary on the way home to collect a 'client' (I had to sit on the floor in the back of the car with the coffin - I was not allowed to sit on it!) my father was a bit peturbed that when the mortuary attendant opened the fridge, next to the body was a packet of sandwiches and a pint of milk for his tea!!
Takes me back to the 70s when we used to have to accompany every body to the mortuary. At night, in Aldershot, it was in a creepy building under the railway line, it used to have to be unlocked for the undertaker to deposit the body and some joker put the light switch on the far wall so you had to grope your way across the room to turn the light on! Had to attend every post mortem then too, times have changed!

Had to attend every post mortem then too, times have changed!
if a smuggler drops dead with suspected drugs internally concealed then a customs officer had to attend the P.M. as it was necessary for us to 'lay a hand' on any contraband as soon as it became liable to forfeit to make the seizure legal

As medical students we regularly had to attend pm demonstrations . The pathologists idea of fun was to always schedule them just before lunch

I have a small chest freezer i could convert actually. Its only for freezing bee related stuff so maybe it can be converted for duel purpose!

Back