Honey prices 2013

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I understand it the address details on the jar must be those of whoever bottled the honey.

So if you buy a 30lb bucket of Essex honey, bottle it and put your own labels on the jars, that's fine, even if you show a London address. As long as you don't explicitly call it "London Honey" you are okay.

But if you buy honey in jars without labels and simply put your own label on then strictly speaking that's not allowed.

Local shops here are selling local Beeks honey at 2.50 for 12oz sticking to 5.00 at the gate!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Roola

Nice going and glad your beekeeping is going so well, , looks like you can soon give up the day job!

Chris is right so calling it 'countryside honey', produce of England would be ok...'mixed blossom honey' would also do.

nb. if you establish a repeat customer base, try and keep back enough stock to supply them through until next year's crop......

I sell £5/1lb direct and the local shop pays me £5 and sells at £7

richard

Roola

Nice going and glad your beekeeping is going so well, , looks like you can soon give up the day job!

Chris is right so calling it 'countryside honey', produce of England would be ok...'mixed blossom honey' would also do.

nb. if you establish a repeat customer base, try and keep back enough stock to supply them through until next year's crop......

I sell £5/1lb direct and the local shop pays me £5 and sells at £7

richard

Ha, I wish we had enough to do that ;) 71lb this year and doing a pop up shop at the end of the month and looks like it'll all be gone in no time... Oh well, we've for to 2 hives now so hopefully if we get them through winter we'll be in with a good shout next year! Thanks for your support Richard

Had a text from a friend this weekend. They'd spotted honey at £3.50 per jar (possibly 12oz but jars unlabeled) and 2 for £6 over on a car boot sale near Leeds this weekend.

:iagree: Shocking disregard of other beeks too.

especially as it would all ready be in jars lol

I have recently changed from selling 1lb jars to 8oz jars.

£3 for an 8oz jar

Which is still less than my local shop is selling R@wse honey for :)

If your customers want quality not supermarket stuff then they will have to pay for it
All my customers are more than happy to pay £5.00 a pound jar and have no problem shifting the lot

1 lb - £4.95 and 12 oz £4.50...we sell 5 lbs to every 12oz...

Which might be because you are offering people 33% more honey for a price of just 10% more ... ?

£4.50 for 12oz would lead to £6 for 1lb -- at the same price per oz.
I'd suggest you should try £5.50 for the 1lb jars rather than £4.95 ... :)
... unless you are deliberately pricing up the 12oz to steer customers towards your preferred product! ;)

how much then with a bit of holly or mistletoe stuck to the lid and an elastic band with a gift tag on it, could I inflate the price by 50% for the festive season

If the prices in my local co-op store are anything to go by, Honey prices have gone up over the past few months.

I sell mine at £4 for 8oz and people are going mad for it .

Latest posts

Back