Price of honey jars - up , up , up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've been doing those prices for well over a month now, but they've stopped the additional 33% off for multiple orders over £15. Still, I've had over 250 jars. Customers very happy with them.
wish i had known about that one....missed it.

pity, I did point it out 2 weeks ago but most reactions were sniffy.
I may have been one who made a “sniffy” remark. I don’t like the look of the jars and I try not to buy things from China at the moment if I can help it.
They were a good deal - hence the purchase - but I prefer the look of the European produced jars I normally buy.

I suppose its about perspective. Glass making is hardly an environmentally friendly operation even in countries that try to reduce its impact. I highly doubt that Chinese manufacturers put sustainability at the top of their list of activities. Then there is the additional impact of shipping glass half way round the globe, so that the end user can save 15 pence on a jar. For most beekeepers I'd suggest a local supplier might be a better option.

I suppose its about perspective. Glass making is hardly an environmentally friendly operation even in countries that try to reduce its impact. I highly doubt that Chinese manufacturers put sustainability at the top of their list of activities. Then there is the additional impact of shipping glass half way round the globe, so that the end user can save 15 pence on a jar. For most beekeepers I'd suggest a local supplier might be a better option.
I tend not to be keen on China although they are significantly invested in solar power so, putting aside the impacts of making panels etc., that aspect may not be so bad. Agree regarding shipping although how much do we backtrace the shipping on the jars we buy from nearer suppliers?

If one wants cheaper jars then bulk buying on pallets is the way to go, one though needs to probably get together with a couple of other local beeks to organise.

I suppose its about perspective. Glass making is hardly an environmentally friendly operation even in countries that try to reduce its impact.,,................. For most beekeepers I'd suggest a local supplier might be a better option.
Trouble is my 'local supplier ' loads significant carriage costs, Amazon doesn't. Sad but true.

I tried to buy some lids from my local supplier. 100 twist lids that weigh nothing. £20 for the lids ........ £16 for the postage ........you having a laugh! They wouldn't budge!

Does anyone use round 228ml jars ?
Can anyone tell me the gram content weight ?

Last edited:
That is what I have been using as a calc but the end figure to me is high at 320g.
So was after someones real world use figures.

Back