Best price for 12oz Hex Honey Jars Please.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kighill

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Forever more.
I am down to my last box of honey jars which I managed to purchase from Pattesons in 2013 when they were offered at half price.
I am now looking to buy a few more but without any current offers on hex jars I am reluctant to pay full price. I am after suggestions regarding suppliers who are able to supply at the keenest price please.
I am not averse to buying a full pallet which will last me years and would prefer the jars boxed.
Any ideas please for current offers you may of taken advantage of.

Ps they must be honey jars not a similar product and hold a true 12oz.

Thank you

he has missed the offer but I have just got some at 40 pound a gross from them

You need to check the forum out more often, just missed pattesons. There was a whole thread or two on it!

Spinks Compaq do some very competitive pricing. 12oz hex are are around £22-24 for a box of 84, less if you buy a pallet. Plus 10% off if you are a member of the BBKA. Not sure how this compares with other offer prices, but free delivery on orders over £200.
You do need to buy the lids separate.

You need to check the forum out more often, just missed pattesons. There was a whole thread or two on it!

Thank you, I do check the forum often and I am aware of the offers I have missed, however I did not need any jars then. (Usually the case whenever I need to buy something)
I have contacted CWJ and Pattesons but having bought my previous jars for half price bought them for a real bargain.
Pattesons are having another offer this weekend but are unlikely to be offering the 12oz hex. I am eagerly awaiting details on the offer.
I have asked on the forum in the hope I hear of a bargain before I place an order at full price, again so often the case when I buy something it was usually last week and never next week when the bargains could be had.

I paid 17p per jar for the last jars at half price, current prices appear to be between 28/32 pence per jar.

Last edited:
Just compared usual supplier CWJ against undiscounted Pattersons and was surprised by the results.

I'm looking for 2-300 12oz hexs and by the time you have added on lids, delivery and VAT to CWJ, you get 300 Pattersons for less than 250 CWJs - £110 (36p/jar) vs £117 (47p)). OK, the lids aren't as nice as the CWJ honeycomb, but thats a minor consideration.

I always use Freeman & Hardy, I jumped in at this offer with Pattersons, and to be honest their COURIER APC are USELESS!!!!

Actually I've just noticed APC maybe do not exist, and contract it to local delivery cowboys!

Nice email from Kate, stating they were dispatched, and would be arriving next day, you can guess what I did.... Worked from Home that day.....

Courier NO SHOW! BLOODY FUMING!!!!!

(not like DPD, that text and tell you when they are coming....)

emailed Katie, umm, no delivery....I then stated there is no-one here to accept delivery, but they can leave it outside the garage/porch, or round the back...

I got an email from Katie, stating, oh, they are going to deliver now on Tuesday, back log because of Bank Holiday....

So one week later... still no jars...

I got a card stuck in the door today, stating they need a signature, and the consignment number written down by the APC IDIOT is WRONG....

also it states, if not delivered or collected within 3 days, they'll return to sender...

I live very rural, and who wants 300 bloody glass jam jars, apart from the WI!

To be honest, the Collection Depot, is further away than Pattersons for me to collect the damn jars!

Not a happy experience, my contract is with Pattersons, not the bloody courier.....

and I just hope that there is no damage, otherwise............

There seem to be two similarly named jar supply companies being discussed here, one called Pattesons and the other Pattersons.

There seem to be two similarly named jar supply companies being discussed here, one called Pattesons and the other Pattersons.

I typed Pattesons, and then thought it was Pattersons, then again I'm from Cornwall, and we add an "r" on everything!

The place in Grimsby....which stinks of fish!

My Lover!

Probably off-topic, is this Web-Site Forum, having issues? got a few non-response web errors...

Mons Ab - two things:

If you have big order and telephone CWJ their prices tend to be lower.
As for Pattesons (no 'R' :D) and courier issues, I've used them a few times and no issues. the last lot lately, ordered Saturday, response Monday despatched Wednesday and informed delivery Friday, arrived at 1600 with an apology from the driver that he was running late due to too many deliveries on his schedule.

The place in Grimsby....which stinks of fish!
Not many fishing boats left there now.... 1000' s of VW's though.

Not many fishing boats left there now.... 1000' s of VW's though.

But still an exceedingly grim place :D had fun and games there a few years back when a car carrier leaving the dock got caught by a crosswind and the tugs couldn't cope - our boat almost ended up being a very expensive fender!! never seen the engineers move so fast to get our engines started - my deck crew took it all in their stride, although I did have to leave my cup of tea get cold on the messdeck :D

Mons Ab - two things:

As for Pattesons (no 'R' :D) and courier issues, I've used them a few times and no issues. the last lot lately, ordered Saturday, response Monday despatched Wednesday and informed delivery Friday, arrived at 1600 with an apology from the driver that he was running late due to too many deliveries on his schedule.

the problem, with APC and there is no consistency, with the local contractors that deliver for the APC brand, as they've been squeezed out of the market, and only now seem to deliver items excluded by most cheaper couriers.

Katie, as we speak is trying to resolve the issue....with APC, and in future they will use FedEx.

Cannot ask more than that good Customer Service!

I used Pattesons for the first time a couple of weeks ago.. The order was delivered as stated by email a few days later without any issues

Mons Ab - two things:

Yup I'm sure thats the case, and I'm sad not to be using them as they have always given exemplary service. Sadly I'm not a big customer and the price difference for 250-300 is the overwhelming consideration.

I buy 2 pallet loads of jars every year and put a tender out to all the main companies and always find Compak south come out best with the price, but they then have issues delivering due to crap delivery companies.

Latest posts

Back