Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

ENZO 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hello all,
I was looking at Ebay and I found this, item no. 270515277957 is it my imagination or is this really expensive Honey if you include the postage. I sell my Honey for £3.50 at the door or to an outlet and £4.00 at fairs, no wonder it sells well.
Am I selling too cheaply? What is the going price for selling Honey?

Thanks, Enzo.

Black Comb 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
10+
Was selling locally @ £5.00 or £5.50 lb in the summer here.
Some beeks were selling at £6.00 at the door.

hedgerow pete 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
national
going rate for me is £4.50 a pound jar to friends and at least £5.50 to every one else, I went to a farmer market last year and started with the price cards reading £6 per jar as the idiots arrived after 10 am i raised it to £7 then by 2pm it was £8 and still they came and brought, I did it because every one was doing it first , aparently where this sale was they have normal people befopre 10 and townie foodies afterwards and they make sure they take advantage of them, we started with an outlay of £45 for the table for the day and I was bricking it that we were well out of our legaue ended up turning over £300 profit, wished i had not sold a lot of our honey whole sale to shift it

wuld it be classed as price fixing and aoffice of fair trading standards if i suggested that many beeks should sell thier honey for at least £are you ready for this £ 4.50 per pound jar, we as beeks put a lot of hard work into our hives, yes i know the uk has massivly inflated prices but we do sell the best tasting honey ever and why not should we be rewarded for our hard work, there is a massive back to country and back to the land drive with the like so hugh fernly and his mates, get on the band wagon every one

VEG 

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
15+-some
I sell mine for £4 lb. :cheers2:

Oh by the way enzo that honey sells in tesco for £4.29

Last edited:

Onge