Honey on Ebay

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENZO

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello all,
I was looking at Ebay and I found this, item no. 270515277957 is it my imagination or is this really expensive Honey if you include the postage. I sell my Honey for £3.50 at the door or to an outlet and £4.00 at fairs, no wonder it sells well.
Am I selling too cheaply? What is the going price for selling Honey?

Thanks, Enzo.

Was selling locally @ £5.00 or £5.50 lb in the summer here.
Some beeks were selling at £6.00 at the door.

going rate for me is £4.50 a pound jar to friends and at least £5.50 to every one else, I went to a farmer market last year and started with the price cards reading £6 per jar as the idiots arrived after 10 am i raised it to £7 then by 2pm it was £8 and still they came and brought, I did it because every one was doing it first , aparently where this sale was they have normal people befopre 10 and townie foodies afterwards and they make sure they take advantage of them, we started with an outlay of £45 for the table for the day and I was bricking it that we were well out of our legaue ended up turning over £300 profit, wished i had not sold a lot of our honey whole sale to shift it

wuld it be classed as price fixing and aoffice of fair trading standards if i suggested that many beeks should sell thier honey for at least £are you ready for this £ 4.50 per pound jar, we as beeks put a lot of hard work into our hives, yes i know the uk has massivly inflated prices but we do sell the best tasting honey ever and why not should we be rewarded for our hard work, there is a massive back to country and back to the land drive with the like so hugh fernly and his mates, get on the band wagon every one

I sell mine for £4 lb. :cheers2:

Oh by the way enzo that honey sells in tesco for £4.29

Last edited:
£5 lb probably £5.50 this year.

Latest posts

Back