Hello-New to the forum why not post a "Hi" message for other users to welcome you.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from France

Hello all, I just found the introductions section I put a hello in the where are we thread oops.

I am over in France in the Vienne region. Moved here 7yrs ago from Norfolk nr Yarmouth.
I had Dadant hives in the UK and was told, before I moved "they all use langstroth ever there" so I sold the lot and bought Langstoth. Only to find they ALL use Dadant after all :mad: Lost all bees this year in September Plenty of stores in the brood box, new comb this year on most, took off a honey crop. Inspection in October not a bee in sight. Mistery???

Hello From Twyford in Berkshire

Hello all
This is my first year and I am really glad I found this forum,I spend a lot of time searching some of the old forums just to put my mind at rest if I have a problem . I much appreciate all the expertise that is available on the forum and would have had a few sleepless nights if I did not have it to refer to.

Hello,
I've just joined. Rather new to bee world. Done a lot of reading up, doing up a hive at the moment whilst I go on courses and learn about. Hoping that maybe next year will be all sorted for my first hive/collony.=)

Welcome to everyone.
Yasmin.

Why don't you give some indication of where you are, then you stand more chance of making local bee buddies who will help you.

Hi everyone.
I am new to this hobby of keeping bees so all help and advice is most welcome. Please forgive me if I ask a silly question or one that has been asjked before.

Mo:hurray:

:biggrinjester: Bee gentle BCrazy, but I'm having flash-backs it seems.
Did you miss out on a welcome party when you originally joined or what? :biggrinjester: :party:

Hello all
Been watching and learning from the wings....Thanks to you all. Will try to be more active in posts, but always seem to be piped to the post!

I'm Based near Maidenhead, Berkshire. Organic beef farmer next door, Organic veg on the other side...Horses all other...was feeling smug 'til noticed a large field of Rape come into flower next door but 2 yesterday...........here we go.
AMAE

Thanks Wilderness,

I'm a member of the local beeks...done some bits and bobs at the agricultural college....but as you say main courses full...uggg

double edged sward having Thornes on your doorstep...! plastic keeps getting burnt!
:cheers2:

AMAE

my other half wouldn't think so...but you've got to spend it on something...and I can think of worse!

Hello everyone! I am Pisces, well that's not my real name obviously but you know what I mean!

I started keeping bees about three months ago and it's been a very steep learning curve! But I'm getting there...ish.

I stumbled on this website by accident and have since been lurking so thought why not join. It's very helpful and also interesting :)

Will see (or is that read?) everyone around

Pisces

Hi from Broughton Northamptonshire

Hi

we are just setting up having been on a 2 day hands on course and are in need of some guidance

we wondered if you could tell us if it is too late to purchase bees at this time.

we have prepared my hives but am not sure if it would be better to wait until next year or gain experence over the winter

we also are struggling to find any Local (Northamptonshire) bees

Hello All

David here from the glorious Macclesfield Canal.

Returned last summer from Czech Republic after wwoofing on a bee research station in Skrivanek. As it's my Birthday today, I thought I'd make steps to starting my own colony, this is beginning here on this forum. Not looking after a single bee yet but hope to amend that after my studies.

Heartlight to all D.!

Hi Dave and welcome from the equally glorious southern Grand Union Canal

Hi Dave,
I have family and friends in Macc, welcome to the forum.

I'm trying to work out what wwoofing is??

Ian

Hello!

I am a, reasonably new, beekeeper from Derby. I have messed around with some research into beekeeping etc when I was at university, but only started for real in September '09.

I am looking to learn and move forward, so I think I will enjoy being a member of this forum!

Martin (Ervyne)

Welcome to the forum Martin (Ervyne).

As long as you can keep your head down - or duck at the appropriate moment - you should be alright!

Are you an 'insect' vet or a large farm animal type......or what?

What sort of honey bee research did you do at Uni? Or was it checking out how some of us keep bees, and how many?

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back