Hello-New to the forum why not post a "Hi" message for other users to welcome you.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, interesting about the varroa overwintering. In anticipation of getting my bees, last year I planted several kinds of thyme, basil, nasturtiums, oregano, and one of my HUGE lemongrass stands has gone to seed, so I guess I will scatter that seed around as well. I also use a living mulch of clover in my planting beds. Now if it would just stop raining I would be able to get out there and plant even more!

New member about to achive a lifetime ambition

Hi Everyone,
I'm a new member although I have been lurking for a while, spent most of the time reading posts and using the search facility to glean more information. I've wanted to try beekeeping since I was at school and I'm just about to make a start.
It's all thanks to a new next door neighbour who kept bees in the past, she's kindly offered to mentor/share with me and allow me to keep a hive on her land (around 8 acres) So, I've ordered a Cedar national, (self assembly deep brood and two supers) hopefully it will be here by the end of next week and I can get cracking with the build, I'm sure that I've got a lot to learn but I'm really looking foward to it, hopefully, I will be able to report back later.
Regards
Ray

Ray,

Welcome to the forum. Doesn't seem (from your screen name) that you have, at last, recently left school? Or do you have job related to it (like sweeping motorway carriageways!?)

I'm sure you are very lucky to have a next door neighbour (as a mentor?) to help you.

RAB

Welcome coffin dodger,

Great fun this Forum - if you don't take it too seriously!

Had my bees 4 weeks now. It's been very instructive and a bit challenging.
Once the first couple of solo inspections were over, it got a lot easier -
except for not giving in to the temptation to have another little peek!
Now managed to resist that - with the help of a polycarbonate crown board!

Anyway, going to get my next lot in a week's time.

Enjoy. And post!

Dusty.

Hi,
I left school more years ago than I care to remember, the coffin dodger part comes from my age, thats what the grandkids call me, well the only one that I could take as a username that is :rolleyes:
It's worked out very nicely with our new neighbour, not something that I ever expected to happen but lifes full of little suprises.
Regards
Ray

Fnar! Fnar! ;) ;)
Welcome to the forum

Oh! I think I'm going to like it on this forum :D Alas, at my age, the old addage of 'what doesn't hurt, doesn't work any more' really holds true:beatdeadhorse5:

My other interest in life is restoring vintage motorcycles and the story goes,
Coming in late one night, the wife says 'where have you been til this time'
I reply 'down the road having fun with that big blonde at No27.
She says 'dont lie to me, you've been in the garage with that bl**dy bike again'

You cant win em all !:eek:

Regards
Ray

Latest posts

Back