Hello-New to the forum why not post a "Hi" message for other users to welcome you.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there.

I'm Phil currently living in Vienna, Austria. I've been a beek since spring 2007 after taking a beekeeping course in autumn 2006. I am also a vet (as a non UK vet I may not need to keep my head down as low as my colleagues :) ) and presently in a Master's Degree program of Zoology (main interest being entomology).

Greets
Phil

Hi, my name is Paul, im from Cwmbran, South Wales. Just got my first national off a friend, just need some brood frames and hopefully a swarm.

Welcome Phil and Paul. Vienna, eh? I'll bring my bee suit if I get near you...

Hi there.

Vienna, eh? I'll bring my bee suit if I get near you...

Ahh,...you wouldn't need a bee suit. Only one of the colonies is a bit grumpy at times and that queen will be replaced shortly. The only reason you would need a veil is because the mosquitoes are massive and hungry :D

Greets
Phil

Hello,

I'm a new Beek having got my first colony in May after helping my Mum with hers for a while.
Still have masses to learn but have a lovely patient colony who are very gentle with me, probably as they are too busy making honey. I got to harvest my first honey at the weekend.

I also got a nuc at the weekend as it was rapidly outgrowing the nuc box at Mum's and I had a spare hive. They were pretty grumpy which I'm putting down to the journey, foul weather and the disturbance. Did make me question my wisdom in just getting a jacket rather than a full suit as they stung through my jeans without much difficulty!

Hi all - I am Ryan (for some reason the forum said I couldn't use the name Ryan as it was related to spam :() and live in Gloucestershire.

Been toying with the idea of having a small hive in the garden as I love my honey!

Saw some videos on how to build a top bar hive and thought I would look around for fountains of knowledge (thats you guys ;)) as I take my first steps into beekeeping.

Okay, I don't have a hive yet, planned where to get bees from or where exactly I will put the hive in the garden (away from the kids and dog!) but I did say I was just starting out :)

Cheers all
Ryan

Welcome fatboy,
i would suggest you check out the local association and enquire about a beginers course. getting a bit late in the season right now for getting bee's but a good time to start reading!

enjoy :)

Hi all - I am Ryan (for some reason the forum said I couldn't use the name Ryan as it was related to spam :(

Hi Ryan and welcome
The forum has a database of the top 500 spam usernames joining forums in the last week worldwide.

If your email or username gets a match in the database it ask's you to choose another username so it knows you are not a spammer.

Admin.

welcome to the forum , you will soon become addicted to beekeeping , learn from the wise and wonderful on this forum:)

Hello!

I would like to introduce myself to the Forum. I have had the pleasure of reading your posts over the last two days since I found this excellent forum. I have already found a great deal of interesting and helpful items that shall be employing on my bees.
This is my first hive and I have a top bar hive I purchased a 5 bar nuke in July and they are now a strong colony.
I will be looking forward to talking to many of you in the com:smash::smash:ing months...]

Latest posts

Back