Hello-New to the forum why not post a "Hi" message for other users to welcome you.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jules & Veg
Look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome Veg and Jules. Enjoy.

Admin has promised that this forum belongs to us all (forum of the people, for the people, by the people?) so if you have any ideas of how it can be made even better, don't be backward in coming forward.

Joined a few days ago.

Started keeping bees in shorts and a T shirt so learnt the hard way how to handle bees and not get stung...

Years later ... I have about 30 years experience of getting stung and lots of hives to open to get stung!

So far this seems a really relaxed forum.

It's a pleasant change!

Last edited:
Look forward to hearing more about how you and your bees are doing.

Welcome Oxfordbee - yes, it does seem to be relaxed and friendly!

I hope you know we'll be on your case, asking loads of questions etc! Ha ha! Really glad you're here....:seeya: :nature-smiley-013:

hello
i'm moorland ,came from radoms forum:), know really nothing about bees except they are really usefull
i been interested in getting some for a while but it seems so dunting ,would love to know more first , we live on the western isles and there seems to be no bee keepers here so nobody i can ask (there might be but i cannot find any
so please excuse any really stupid questions

Hi Moorland.

No question is stupid on this forum!

I am sure we can help you with starting up,in fact its a good time of year to be thinking about starting beekeeping.

Never got to the western isles,I live in Hampshire so its a bit of a journey but it IS on my list of 1000 things to do before I die.

hello
i'm moorland ,came from radoms forum:), know really nothing about bees except they are really usefull
i been interested in getting some for a while but it seems so dunting ,would love to know more first , we live on the western isles and there seems to be no bee keepers here so nobody i can ask (there might be but i cannot find any
so please excuse any really stupid questions

Hi Moorland.

Welcome, this is no "special club" !!! All are welcome, and ask any question you want, all will be answerd.

PS I have replied to you on the RCF!!!

PPS Admin, please add this one to my commssion fee, LOL:cheers2:

Hello Moorland, welcome!

its a friendly forum here, so NO QUESTION IS STUPID!! Ask away, and someone will try and help :grouphug:

thank you :)i'll do lots of reading ,
nonie (my daughter )says go for it i'll do a course on bee keeping and with advice from this forum as well we might be able to manage next year:cheers2:
it does seem like a complex subject:svengo:

i live on lewis ,in the township of tunga ,
thank you Frisbee,and everyone:cheers2:

Hi,

I live in Dudley, West Midlands and have been keeping my own bees for 31 years and helping someone else for two years before that. A total of 33 years and it only seems like 5 minutes. I find you always get caught out somewhere with this hobby as I did with the Apistan resistant bees that crept up on me over this past 12 months severely weakening most of my ten hives. Still that is sorted now with advice from Real Cedar on Thymol treatment. Just hope this forum stays nice and friendly so we can all learn from each other and prosper. Glad to be here.

Last edited:
Hi Jonathan welcome to the forum.

I see no reason for the forum to take a downturn because its run by its members,they decide what happens,no mods and no deleted or missing posts.

I am not suprised that Hivemaker sorted you out,he is my online mentor as well! he's a top man.

Hi Jonathan
pleased you are here,and hope you enjoy and get plenty more good advice from all on here. Thank you admin for your kind comments,hope we all try and give the best advice on the serious and important things with bee's. and enjoy some of the more light hearted topics.No one will ever know everything about bee's, so its good that we can share the things we do learn with each other.

Last edited:
Still that is sorted now with advice from Real Cedar on Thymol treatment. .

Did you give thymol treatment in late summer?

This time of year trickling is only method to handle mites.

Nice to meet. You are an experienced beekeeper.

Latest posts

Back