Commercial members usernames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should sellers change their username to something non-advertising ?

• Yes

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 128 76.6%
  • I love spam

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
.... I don't advertise my queens for £32 or my nucs for £190 or my bee suits for £50 on this site, I wouldn't take advantage like that. I like this site very much...

Spam, Spam, Glorious SPAM ...

Enough piss taken.

The trouble has been explained to you Jean. So believe it or not, its happened. You could or perhaps should have retreated and obeyed the site rules. However your post on page 17 is clearly just mocking and obvious. And it clearly shows that you don't care, are belligerent in the face of opposition and you have presented yourself as arrogantly flaunting your wares. The rules are there for a reason and I am in agreement with them myself. As you should be when you agreed to abide by them when you joined via the joining proforma.

You should really delete that post to mitigate the damage to yourself. Remember you may have garnered custom from it, but many a bee inspector and high profile beekeeper use this forum and have seen your attempts at flaunting the rules. It can only do you and your business harm surly.
My post re queens & nucs was a joke, they are not my prices. Fact= other people put ads on here for courses & charge. Fact= if admin didn't like it then they would have taken it off. Fact= I don't feel I've broken any rules. Fact= I'm inspected every year happily and if the bee inspectors are on this forum & know me, then I'm sure they wouldn't be so bothered by my post as some are . Fact I'm open with my name & business, as I'm not ashamed of making a living from bees. Fact= most of those who have written 15 pages about this have so got the wrong idea about my motives etc. I'm offering a course & charging for it and so are others on this forum. SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Hi folks,
I'm a newbee, gained a swarm in June.
I read the forum daily and digest the info..
Most if not all newbees use it to gain info. from 'experts'
I'm looking to buy additional hives and followed various threads and PM'D HM and spent a long time on the phone and at no time was he trying to sell equipment.
I gather that there is is another hivemaker on the the forum but he like like HM doesn't advertise his wares.
I gain a lot of useful knowledge from this forum and would prefer it be kept clear of the likes of POST169.

I feel a little damp after that.

Tim

The poll clearly shows that the majority of voting members want people to be able to keep NAMES that might refer to their business e.g hivemaker which tell (I gather what he does) but does not in anyway point to his business.

They certainly do not want blatant advertising threads as the ones which have appeared in the last few days.

Re; User names, Oliver's are tractors albeit old classic ones. If I was looking for an Oliver 90 tractor would I not be drawn to Rabs user name and then to PM him in case he had one for sale. What is the difference commercially? :)

My post re queens & nucs was a joke, they are not my prices. Fact= other people put ads on here for courses & charge. Fact= if admin didn't like it then they would have taken it off. Fact= I don't feel I've broken any rules. Fact= I'm inspected every year happily and if the bee inspectors are on this forum & know me, then I'm sure they wouldn't be so bothered by my post as some are . Fact I'm open with my name & business, as I'm not ashamed of making a living from bees. Fact= most of those who have written 15 pages about this have so got the wrong idea about my motives etc. I'm offering a course & charging for it and so are others on this forum. SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Jean you have broken forum rules. But your accusers would do well to ask themselves why they don't kick up such a stink about numerous other rule breaches. They aren't difficult to find. Double standards perhaps?

I fail to see why this course has been singled out. We have a section for "advertising" courses. Look in it and you will see chargeable courses advertised.
If we don't want anyone to do this we should remove this section.

I seem to remember Gandolfwizard advertising his queen rearing courses without complaint (part of the fee was donated to charity though)

I would love to respond to all this but cant really find the words.........but decided I will have a go anyway.......
I like the forum as it is, first year in and found this the best place to be, looked at others but this really is the only forum I am on, hell I even used chat last night for the first time in my life.
Spoke to Jean who was on and she is sending me a couple of photo's FOC along with some sound advice she gave me last night FOC about swarm control.
Sorry Jean but you wont make a penny from me and nor do I believe you expect to. I might make a few bob one day from your advice and I thank you for that. not worthy

I thought of something........

If it aint broke dont fix it
oh
and if you do the same tomorrow as you did today you will get the same results
fine by me

Pete D

I have only been on here for a short time but i must say signing up been the best thing i ever did, its full of experienced beekeepers who will share their knowledge free of charge, but i also like the fact that you can find someone who will sell you a queen or nuc etc, infact that has been the hardest thing to do over the last six years is to find a supplier of quiality queens (untill i came on the forum that is), having said all that i would not like to see the big three suppliers advistising on hear i think that Admin has got balance just about right keep up the good work Mark:cheers2:

I like the forum the way it is, if I needed something I would ask and hope for a pm to come back, if soemone does soemthing interesting then I would pm and ask... perhaps a section of business cards and a pm link would solve this? a "card of a few words indicationg wha ttha tperson does and that is their advert, donation to forum or a suggested charity ...

... perhaps a section of business cards and a pm link would solve this? a "card of a few words indicationg wha ttha tperson does and that is their advert,

A nice idea which could work but probably not necessary, I think that most people who use a screen name which implies they're commercial are usually sufficiently switched on to mention their business activities in the 'about me' section of their profile. No big deal in my oppinion -I'm all in favour of people having 'a go' it sure beats the alternative.

A nice idea which could work but probably not necessary, I think that most people who use a screen name which implies they're commercial are usually sufficiently switched on to mention their business activities in the 'about me' section of their profile. No big deal in my oppinion -I'm all in favour of people having 'a go' it sure beats the alternative.
another good reply

I fail to see why this course has been singled out. We have a section for "advertising" courses. Look in it and you will see chargeable courses advertised.
If we don't want anyone to do this we should remove this section.

I seem to remember Gandolfwizard advertising his queen rearing courses without complaint (part of the fee was donated to charity though)
well said pete

Latest posts

Back